God loves everyone. Atheist, criminal, different religion, doesn't matter.

I could agree with this part:
Veritass said:
...God is ineffable, too big to be expressed in human words. All words are only metaphors for the small glimpses we can get of divinity. We do get these glimpses, and they are glorious, and so we seek to name the experience. And in our childish, human way, we fight over whose name is better.
Well said. :thumbsup:

Welcome to CFC OT.

Veritass said:
God is ineffable, too big to be expressed in human words.
Dictionary.com said:
1. Incapable of being expressed; indescribable or unutterable. See Synonyms at unspeakable.
2. Not to be uttered; taboo: the ineffable name of God.
Concureth the Dictionary. :lol:

It's an expression isn't it: God loves the sinner but hates the sin. Humans should have that attitude as well :cool: .

I view that God has an unconditional love for all of mankind :).

Shaihulud said:
A God like that has no standards, we have names for women that behave like that.
Mother Teresa?

Or were you confusing lust with love?

The Last Conformist said:
I'll kill myself before I love Britney Spears.
She is probably a very nice person when she is not wrapped in her "star" personality. Well maybe not, but maybe you could turn her around. ;)

why would an atheist care if god loved them? personally it is no great relief that something that has no impact or change on my life cares about me or not.

Birdjaguar said:
She is probably a very nice person when she is not wrapped in her "star" personality. Well maybe not, but maybe you could turn her around. ;)
I outsourced the knight-in-shining-armour stuff to Perf.

The Last Conformist said:
I'll kill myself before I love Britney Spears.
Do the opposite then: hate Britney Spears but love her sins. :groucho:

God does have (in my view) certain definite attributes, and some religions describe Him better than others, with my own (in my view getting it the best.) But He loves us all unconditionally.

The atheist/Christian or Christian/Buddhist dichotomy is not so important to Him, as long as we accept the truth when we finally have a chance to really get it. We are all sinners to some degree, and because He loves us He hates our sin, but those who also come to hate (ie dislike) their sins (ie the things they do wrong, contrary to the will of God) will be better able to experience all that God wants to give us than those who don't.

At this point in my life, a little lovin from GOD would be nice...

I would point out that reminding us all that one is an atheist is not very productive. Not that what you have to say is necessarily irrelevant, but you can probably add more than "I don't believe in God so it's a non-issue." This is like going to the Babe Thread just to post "I am not attracted to women."

But to reiterate what I said: I believe that there are certain truths that can only be found within my religion. I also believe that to truly be saved, everyone needs to accept all that is true. But obviously, here and now it is hard to figure out the deeper truths of the universe. God, then, has clearly shown that He doesn't make affiliation in a specific religion, or any at all, a prerequisite for His love. I think that certain religions (and certain people) are better able to understand and therefore accept and experience His love, however.

God doesn't hate the sinful, it is the sinful deed he hates. That's what I've heard.

Top Bottom