Gods and Kings / Brave New World

RogerThis

Chieftain
I have the Mac Campaign version with added Brave New World content. I had understood that this would include all of the Gods and Kings content but while most of the improvements in game play seem to be there, the additional leaders and civs aren't.

Is this correct? Would you consider the G&K download a worthwhile addition to what I have? Is there another method of getting the additional leaders and civs? Tnx.

Moderator Action: Moved to Civ 5 - Mac forum.

I don't have any Mac versions, but from your description, if the edition you bought includes the vanilla game and BNW, but not explicitly G&K, that would mean you have the BNW version of the G&K mechanics (all G&K mechanics (including new luxuries, religion, revised combat system, etc.) were carried forward, but some were changed for BNW). What you would not get are the G&K civilizations (other than (IIRC) Ethiopia), so no Mayans, et al., or the G&K scenarios, and you would not be able to play a G&K save game (the save file will not treat BNW as a substitute DLC for G&K).

Thanks Mod. Given the scope of Civ V and BNW, there doesn't seem much point in downloading the G&K content, given the price. Maybe Aspyre can suggest a method of getting hold of the extra Civs.

Top Bottom