Gods and Kings Early Release (sadly not really)

etipton3

Chieftain
I went to Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping and to buy my brother a copy of Civilization V ( yes, I know, best brother in the world), when on the shelve I seen multiple copies of Gods and Kings. Holy s*** I thought, I grabbed that sucker up, skipped my entire grocery trip and went straight to the check out. When the lady rang it up, across the cash register display these big fat letters read "SELL NOT ALLOWED"

Mother $#@!* Stupid ^$#%^ Why I outta &^%$#

I went to Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping and to buy my brother a copy of Civilization V ( yes, I know, best brother in the world), when on the shelve I seen multiple copies of Gods and Kings. Holy s*** I thought, I grabbed that sucker up, skipped my entire grocery trip and went straight to the check out. When the lady rang it up, across the cash register display these big fat letters read "SELL NOT ALLOWED"

I wonder if the system will allow them to sell it right at 9PM Pacific in all time zones or will make you wait until Midnight. You can't play until Steam unlocks it anyhow, so they just should have let them sell it early.

I have just been called up by EB to come and pick up my copy, Steam may not allow me to play it but if it dose i will let you guys know how it goes

I have just been called up by EB to come and pick up my copy, Steam may not allow me to play it but if it dose i will let you guys know how it goes

Awesome! I'm guessing you should be able to play at 9PM Pacific, but it will be interesting what happens when you try to install it. I wonder if it will even block installation until the same time.

Their stupid, they should not put it on the shelf before it is sellable. Walmart will be swamped at midnight.

Yea or something called a sign would be nice :lol:

I can imagine the headlines in the morning. Man arrested for stealing a copy of CiV Gods and Kings. :lol:

I can imagine the headlines in the morning. Man arrested for stealing a copy of CiV Gods and Kings. :lol:

Security would yell, "You aren't allowed to try to shoplift that for another three and a half hours!":D

Another headline could read, "Man attempts to shoplift Gods and Kings but is mugged by nerd mob"

Security would yell, "You aren't allowed to try to shoplift that for another three and a half hours!":D

:lol: A midnight five finger discount! :mischief:

Wow, that really sucks hehehe! I would get that lady fired :D

it sucks even more in Europe; having to wait 3 more days to play the game for no good reason - digital download should have done away with this discriminatory practice where the USA gets it on time and everyone else is forced to wait - what irritates me more is that Steam has already preloaded G&K on my PC but won't unlock it for 3 more days

it sucks even more in Europe; having to wait 3 more days to play the game for no good reason - digital download should have done away with this discriminatory practice where the USA gets it on time and everyone else is forced to wait - what irritates me more is that Steam has already preloaded G&K on my PC but won't unlock it for 3 more days
What tells you it is already preloaded?

And no can't play it untill it is unlocked through steam, but I got a very nice tech tree in the retail pack

Top Bottom