Gods and Kings on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguy8882

Warlord
I have heard that G&K won't be available for purchase over steam until after the release date. Is this true? If so when is it going to be available over steam?

I was planning on pre ordering on June 1st so I hope so. If not my second option is to buy the disc from amazon. It better not be late! People ordering from them lately on a game's release day have had problems getting their merchandise on time. At least some I know. I figure I would just download it from steam. When the disc goes on sale later I can always purchase it for keepsake.

truthfully though i love civ 5. i dont think im going to buy GK for a few months. Certainly not before the first patch let alone before the game actually comes out

Ugh, GREG of 2k said the pre-order will be available at then of the this month.

I downloaded Fall of the Samurai from steam, it worked really well. So, I figured I would do the same with GnK. Besides I want to play it right away. However, before I decide for sure, which way to purchase it. I want to see if by preordering on steam, there is a bonus of some sort. Some us hope there will be.

However, before I decide for sure, which way to purchase it. I want to see if by preordering on steam, there is a bonus of some sort. Some [of] us hope there will be.

I'm with you there, friend-o. I'm hoping for a 10th new civ, maybe the Polish? No, too much to hope I'm sure. If it happens, it'll probably be the friggin Zulu. :(

~R~

the 10th civ is the Spain btw, anybody who doesn't possess the Double Pack will recieve Spain for free.

and I prefer digital copy over Steam most of the time instead of boxed copy, isn't that weird?

the 10th civ is the Spain btw, anybody who doesn't possess the Double Pack will recieve Spain for free.

and I prefer digital copy over Steam most of the time instead of boxed copy, isn't that weird?

Well, yeah. I knew that Spain was being included because one of the developers wanted it to be a part of the Into the Renaissance scenario. I said I was hoping for a preorder bonus of a 10th new Civ. :)

And yeah, preferring a Steam download is a bit strange, though I'll probably buy it that way myself for the conveniance. :shrug:

~R~

Well, yeah. I knew that Spain was being included because one of the developers wanted it to be a part of the Into the Renaissance scenario. I said I was hoping for a preorder bonus of a 10th new Civ. :)

And yeah, preferring a Steam download is a bit strange, though I'll probably buy it that way myself for the conveniance. :shrug:

~R~

Actually, you pretty much have no choice either way, because you'll still end up with a copy on Steam either way, so for me it's just "why bother?" with a boxed copy..

Either way, don't think we'll be getting anything, we didn't have a civ for Civ 5, and I doubt we'll have one for Civ 5 God and Kings, they'd announce something by now with one of the retails. Babylon wasn't a "pre-order" bonus, it came with a Limited deluxe version or something.

Actually, you pretty much have no choice either way, because you'll still end up with a copy on Steam either way, so for me it's just "why bother?" with a boxed copy..

Either way, don't think we'll be getting anything, we didn't have a civ for Civ 5, and I doubt we'll have one for Civ 5 God and Kings, they'd announce something by now with one of the retails. Babylon wasn't a "pre-order" bonus, it came with a Limited deluxe version or something.

:shrug: Doesn't stop a guy from hoping. I'm a more or less optimistic person. :)

~R~

I'm really hoping that there is a pre-order bonus. I want to be rewarded for my four months of anticipation and interest in their product. I don't know what the usual time frame from announcement to release of an expansion pack is, but four months seems way too long.

You can announce a stand-alone game as far back as you want, but announcing an expansion pack basically cripples your existing product until it is released. Announcing GaK back in February has taken all of the fun out of playing Vanilla Civ 5 for me until the expansion is released.

Why should you be rewarded for being impatient? You ain't gonna get anything for that.

However, I do agree, a nice pre-order bonus would be nice.

Announcing GaK back in February has taken all of the fun out of playing Vanilla Civ 5 for me until the expansion is released.

I agree. I actually went back to playing a Great War mod, I worked on, from Civ 4 vanilla. So far it has been alright, although, I have to get used to the interface and the game period, for that matter. In anticipation, waiting for GnK, I've been into WWI and espionage, can't help it. :)

Didn't Civ V have a stupid preorder bonus when it came out? Something like a map? I could see us getting something like that.

I think the preorder bonus for the base game was the Babylon civ for free. Not bad if you ask me.

I can't wait so let me get this straight you pre-order it comes a couple weeks after its launched ,but if you buy on steam it downloads and you get it instantly, if so I would buy on steam and be the first to play, sweet (at least here in my timeframe) and maybe later buy it online or in a store so I get it on disk.

I can't wait so let me get this straight you pre-order it comes a couple weeks after its launched ,but if you buy on steam it downloads and you get it instantly, if so I would buy on steam and be the first to play, sweet (at least here in my timeframe) and maybe later buy it online or in a store so I get it on disk.

It depends, but you're view of how pre-ordering is bit.. incorrect.

First of all, you don't get a pre-order "weeks after it's launched" that's absurd.

Second, why would you wanna pay for TWO games.

Third of all, no matter what, you will end up needing Steam for Civ 5, and will always do (highly doubt they're gonna make it stand-alone without Steam required)

Now, when you pre-order
1. If you pre-order directly from a shop in RL, you will get a guaranteed copy (prevents you fromb eing disappointed because it's sold out)
2. If you pre-order directly online from a shop, they will ship out a copy and you should recieve it the day it comes out, delievered to your house (physical copy)
3. If you pre-order directly online from Steam, you will get a copy of it in you library, and the ability to download it early (if.. they do that, not sure if they do it for EPs) but only be able to play it when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom