1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gods Effects on Mana

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by jimi12, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

But again; Is the God him/her/itself vulnerable to Ubersword or is that a sideaffect of the Precept making him/her/it vulnerable? Once a god of Precept signs Ubersword does that make all gods after him for precept vulnerable? And what about angels/demons?

2. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Well, from what I gather, whoever carries the precept is the god and bound to any agreements the previous god made as part of the package deal, rendering him/her vulnerable.
    As to angels and demons... considering the Godslayer's stats (+3 attack and defense and immunity to... I think every type of magical damage there is, poison included), I'd say being designed to take down the gods has the side effect of making everything vulnerable to it. Angels and demons, who mostly use the damage types the Godslayer grants immunity to, especially so, but even mortals don't do so well against a weapon like that.

3. Duruk

Duruk Chieftain

In addition to that, I think the Godslayer's power, and thus ability to kill other gods, comes directly from the other gods' wish for this to be so. Thus, assuming success, Auric Ulvin would still be vulnerable to the Godslayer if the other gods wanted it to be so. (I think?)

4. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

So mostly it's powerful against nongods because it is an Ubersword? Could a dragon stand up to it sucessfully? Eurabates for example.

5. Tyrs

Tyrs Chieftain

Gamewise its an ubersword, lorewise I thought it was referred to as just a regular sword, that might not even be noticed, until the compact was broken and the mortal hero who had it at the time killed the offending god.

6. Duruk

Duruk Chieftain

Basically, I got my answer from a thread somewhere where Kael said that the sword was an instrament of the gods' will, so when Kylorin killed Mulcarn it was half because it was the will of the gods and half because Kylorin was awesome. So as to whether the Godslayer would be effective against Eurabates, I'd say maybe. If I'm right, the sword's effectiveness would depend on whether enough gods wanted Eurabates dead

7. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

And if none of the gods were looking at the time?

8. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

I heard from somewhere that the Godslayer is the embodiment of the compact, just as the Horsemen are the embodiment of the Gods' Fear of war, Plague, and so forth.

The real enforcer of the compact is that the neutral gods will declare war on any side, good or evil, that starts another Godswar.

So, while the compact remains unbroken, the Godslayer will just be another sword, but once the compact is broken, it will receive the power of the compact with it (or at least that's how I understand it).

It has been also said that the Godslayer is not neccessarily a sword, it can take any form it chooses to be at the moment (I think Kael said this personally, lynch me if I am wrong).

9. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Like the Dagger of Chaos in NWN2? A dagger that is a claymore...

10. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

I'd guess it's a bit more akin to the Entropic Blade of Planescape Torment, in that it takes the most appropriate form for its wielder. A sword, a dagger, an axe... whatever.

11. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Can it become a none basic weapon? Like a gun for Teutorix?
    What if Auric wields the Ubersword?

12. Giga-Gigan

Giga-Gigan Chieftain

As a human or as a god? As a god, best case scenario I imagine it would just slip from his grasp; worst case scenario it slips from his grasp, swings around and lops of his head. I do believe that the blade is meant for mortals, it was given to a mortal after it was made. A sign of good faith to humanity as much as a warning to each other not to break the compact.

Incidentally does each of the other random planes unclaimed have a Godslayer or does the Compact only apply to Erebus?

13. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I believe that it only applies to Erebus. All the other planes we really know about are completely controlled by a single god. We know the gods made many other planes (some alone, some with just a few partner gods), but we don't know what rules govern them or if they even still exist.

14. evanb

evanb Chieftain

Gosh, the lore section keeps getting more and more like contract law... I wonder if Junil took over Oghma's vault :crazyeye:

15. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Who was given the Ubersword first?

16. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Kylorin, as far as we know. It might have floated around from hero to hero (none of whom knew what they had beyond a damn good sword) during the Age of Magic, but as far as I know, once made, the Godslayer was pretty much stuck on Erebus and left to its own devices.

17. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

No, it was clearly stated that the Godslayer was given to Finner, the greatest human hero of the Age of Dragons. I suspect that it may have been buried with him, but that Finner's Tomb was eventually pillaged despite the Elohim's attempt to keep its location a secret.

That he was the greatest hero of the age, that he was given the godslayer, and that he died and was burried in a tomb which was one of the most holy sites guarded by the Elohim is basically all we know about Finner. He was likely as legendary a figure in the Age of Magic as Kylorin is in the Age of Rebirth. Hopefully Kael will fil in some blanks some day. I personally like to think that Finner was Kylorin's grandfather and that Patria was built largely off the legend of his valor, but there is no real evidence of that.

18. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Finner was King Arthur basically?
    Ubersword sword, formed kingdom, greatest hero., Secret society tries to protect body/grave. seems similar...

19. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Ubersword isn't really an ubersword when it is set against normal humans you know :p.

By the way, as in the lore, can a god wield an godslayer?

20. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

A sword that can kill a god is an Ubersword, regardless of whatelse it can kill. Other examples include: Sword of Shannara, Anduril, Anything wielded by Neo (telephone pole), the Sword of Kas, and Excalibur.

I already asked that with reference to Auric. The answer is no unless the other gods decide its safe. (probably)