Gods & Kings Font Icons

NeverMind

Proud to be Russian
Here is a new font icons file from beta patch (check Upgrade1Textures.fpk). And there are all 7 new resources of Gods and Kings - Citrus, Copper, Crab, Salt, Truffles, Jewelry and Porcelain, as well as 14 religious icons and other stuff.

Attachments

• fonticons.png
    fonticons.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,084
Here is a new font icons file from beta patch (check Upgrade1Textures.fpk). And there are all 7 new resources of Gods and Kings - Citrus, Copper, Crab, Salt, Truffles, Jewelry and Porcelain, as well as 14 religious icons and other stuff.

Thx, good work.
Could you upload somewhere Upgrade1Textures.fpk? I just want to check it without installing game and downloading patch.

Well that's 2 disappoitments.

No tulips? What? That's so disappointing D: then I wonder what is the advantage of having the Polder?

Also, only Porcelain and Jewelry? That's also disappointing, now I really have no reason to bother with the Mercentile City States :(

It also looks like they have Protestant and Orthodox crosses for the scenarios. So no more "Confucianism is orthodox, Taoism is Protestant" that usually occurred in mods for such religions.

No tulips? What? That's so disappointing D: then I wonder what is the advantage of having the Polder?

What's the advantage of having 5:c5food: 1:c5gold: floodplanes and 4:c5food: marshes that act as guaranteed kill zones for your enemies while you cross them with roads?

I guess I'm stumped too! ;)

What do the flags mean?:think: maybe they forgot the tulips or since the polder might make the marsh into tulips they don't have an icon.

also, only Porcelain and Jewelry? That's also disappointing, now I really have no reason to bother with the Mercentile City States :(

they said that each mercentile city state has its own unique resource, so either there are only two mercentile city states per a map or this isn't all of the icons.

But if they don't have the icon that makes them automatically a non-luxury item.. make it.. pretty useless... They need an icon for TWO places
A. List of luxuries you have (for the happiness) and B. During the trading..

The flags, the mushroom, the flower, some of those icons are pretty useless, they don't have any current uses.. The Bird with the flower, was also unused, but was used as the Faith indicator in God and Kings.

they said that each mercentile city state has its own unique resource, so either there are only two mercentile city states per a map or this isn't all of the icons.

In all of the previews, they onyl mentioned Jewelery and Porcelain. and I am sure we've seen maps with more than 2 mercentile states, which even if there's a limit of 2 mercentile CS it's a pretty stupid rule.

And this is most likely ALL of the icons, because it's a file. Dunno... All I know, is I'm very much disappointed by how the Mercentile CS work.

:confused: I want tulips garn dam it!

I wonder if maybe there's another pack. The OP says it's from Upgrade1Textures.fpk. Not inconceivable that there'd be another, since I'm pretty sure we have seen an icon for Tulips at some point.

Also, makes me wonder what the shuriken, alpha, and omega are for. Any guesses?

Shuriken, Alpha and Omega are all already in-game, as are the flags and mushroom.

Only the icons after Stone are new.

First of all, taken from Arioch's site
"Tulips: According to several previews, Tulips are a manufactured luxury resource created by the Netherlands Polder unique improvement. This has not yet been verified via in-game screenshot; the portion of the Polder Civilopedia entry we've seen does not mention Tulips."

Now. Let's analyse the icons startinf rom Stone onwards
1. Citrus - New Luxury Resource
2. Copper - New Luxury Resource
3. Crabs - New Luxury Resource
4. Salt - New Luxury Resourec
5. Truffles - New Luxury Resource
6. Jewelery - New Luxury Resource, exclusive for Mercentile City States
7. Porcelain - New Luxury Resource, exclusive for Mercentile City States
8. Buddhism - Religion Icon
9. Christianity - Religion Icon
10. Confucianism - Religion Icon
11. Hinduism - Relgion Icon
12. Islam - Religion Icon
13. Judaism - Religion Icon
14. Lightning Bolt - Pantheon Icon
15. Shinto - Religion Icon
16. Shikism - Religion Icon
17. Taoism - Religion Icon
18. Tengirism - Religion Icon
19. Zorostranism - Religion Icon
20 & 21 - Somebody made a good point - very likely the 2 religion icons exlcusive to the Into The Renaissance Scenario - (Those being Catholicsm/Protestantism Icons)
22. Religion Icon
23. Missionary
24. Holy Prophet
25. Inquisitor
26. Spy
27. View?
28. Hammer - ???
29. Red Thumbs Down - ???
30. Stack of Coins - ???
31. Fist - Possibly the Coup icon?
32. Check Mark - Election Rig icon?

#27 is used in the Espionage screen for "View" (and a larger version is shown for the spy action "Gathering Intelligence." I agree that 31 and 32 are Coup and Rig Elections, respectively.

However, the #20 cross is the Eastern Orthodox or Byzantine cross, so I would suggest that the "normal" #9 cross is probably the Catholic symbol, while 20-21 are Orthodox and Protestant, respectively.

20 & 21 - Somebody made a good point - very likely the 2 religion icons exlcusive to the Into The Renaissance Scenario - (Those being Catholicsm/Protestantism Icons)

The first one is a Orthodox cross, and the second is a Latin Cross, used for the eastern and western rites of christianty, respectively. It might have something to do with the fall of rome scenario as well as the renaissance (with the Latin cross for Protestantism, the standard-game Christian cross for Catholicism, and the Orthodox for, well, the Orthodox). This is of course a mere guess, and if I am right I will laugh at how good I am at gussing and then promptly forget about it.

You guys probably know that some might not even be civ related. Some are just random icons like the mushroom and ninja star.

Top Bottom