Gods & Kings - HOF Support

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Hall of Fame will not immediately be able to accept games from the Gods & Kings Expansion. There will be a certain amount of work to do before that will be possible.

• Figure out the save file format and create a parser for it.
  • Update the HOF Website for G&K. (certain amout of design work there as well.)
  • Weather the initial bugs/expoilts that always seem to come up.

Of course, we first have to deal with the patch to the "Vanilla" Civ5 that will be coming out at the same time. (Beta version is not supported at this time.)

The process shouldn't take as long as it did for Vanilla but be aware that we don't have any information that anyone else. My first look will be went I get my copy, too.

I will try to give some kind of status occasionally. But the answer to "When will it be ready?" is going to be "When it is done." or "Soon" until we know more. :mischief:

Design Plans:
Dropdowns to switch between versions: Vanilla, G&K and possibly "both"
Inclusion of existing DLC with G&K Version.

Design Plans:
Dropdowns to switch between versions: Vanilla, G&K and possibly "both"
Inclusion of existing DLC with G&K Version.
I am eagerly awaiting this addition to HOF...especially the inclusion of existing DLC with G&K version.

I assume the dropdown for G&K will populate tables which do not compete with earlier Vanila games (before many exploits were nerfed)?

I am eagerly awaiting this addition to HOF...especially the inclusion of existing DLC with G&K version.

I assume the dropdown for G&K will populate tables which do not compete with earlier Vanilla games (before many exploits were nerfed)?

Of course not... instead we'll make a whole new set of submissions with exploits and unpatched bugs from the expansion for us to compete against in the future :p

Though I do think that the tables should be mutually exclusive. Please make it so :D

Got the ball rolling. New civs are all setup. Graphics still pending.

Figured out how to tell Vanilla and G&S saves apart. IF G&K expansion is present then that and the DLC will be categorized as the new expansion. Not sure whether the DLC without G&K should be allowed. Not really the same game. It looks like G&K includes all the DLC to date, so everyone should have it the same game at that point.

Going to add the dropdowns which will look somehting like this:
Vanilla + Mongolia
Gods & Kings​

-----------------

Checking the Civ5 bug report, I see there is at least one major exploit. May have to wait for that to get patched before we start. Still quite a bit of work to do but it is mostly figured out.

-----------------

So the answer to the big question is: Soon. We're closer than last time you asked. :mischief:

Uhh, not quite. It has Spain, that's it.
It is hard to tell. I see all the same DLC folders inside the Expanision DLC folder's DLC folder.

Attachments

• G&KFolder.png
    G&KFolder.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 198
It is hard to tell. I see all the same DLC folders inside the Expanision DLC folder's DLC folder.

that's due to the xpac changes for every unit. Those files aren't used unless someone also happens to have that DLC.

the G&K xml files cover everything, including a repeat of most (or all) vanilla files due to the changes.

Don't want to discourage anyone but with two exploits noted so far, we aren't going until those are fixed unless it takes a real long time. So whatever patch that is will be what we start accepting. Sorry.

Two exploits? Damn. Well that gives me enough time to get into the VVV :D
Only three civs left and I'm in!

I have heard rumors of exploits but have yet to actually see it in action. Care to explain? I mean since you're not going to be admitting games until it's patched out, no harm in sharing is there?

How about... H'wacha.... don't think its an exploit, but I bet they nerf it on the first patch. If you upgrade a catapult to a h'wacha, the korean trebuchet has no drawbacks, and is two attack less than the artillery. Way too powerful. I never figure out the real exploits on my own, but there has to be some exploit with religion, right? :nono:

One is an infinite tech bug from the Civ5 Bugs forum. The other is RA related.

----------

Did some more work on adding expansion. Preview the main page here. We're working on getting icons that fit size-wise with the rest.

Still a fair amount to do including the behind the scenes code that does the rankings. Saving the hardest for last. ;)

Top Bottom