Gods & Kings What Language will the Huns Speak?

My money is on pig latin or jive.

LOL, that would be funny. How about them speaking Esperanto, or maybe even Klingon?

But, on a serious note, I think that the developers will most likely go with Hungarian.

--------------
Now, Finally the cattle have chosen their stable, They have definitely come to my country!

Suppiluliuma 1

But, on a serious note, I think that the developers will most likely go with Hungarian.

Why people keep saying that?
The 2 languages are not even related

They are really confirmed beyond being just a city state?

Attila is on the box. He's definitely in the game.

I should say that, while I don't want the Huns in, my disappointment comes from the fact that it means another civ will not be included. I think they're a poor choice, but it's easy enough just to not play as them.

Attila is on the box. He's definitely in the game.

I should say that, while I don't want the Huns in, my disappointment comes from the fact that it means another civ will not be included. I think they're a poor choice, but it's easy enough just to not play as them.

We know what the box art looks like? Where can I find it?

The video with Ed Beach. If it's not the box art, it's at least the promo art. It has Attila on one side and possibly Boudicca on the other (it's hard to make out).

They are really confirmed beyond being just a city state?

Yes, unfortunately. A recent interview by Curse with the lead designer removed any shred of doubt about whether they'd be included. He said something like "we're adding 3 new civ's that will be used in the Fall of Rome scenario, including the Huns."

Yes, fortunately. A recent interview by Curse with the lead designer removed any shred of doubt about whether they'd be included. He said something like "we're adding 3 new civ's that will be used in the Fall of Rome scenario, including the Huns."
Corrected. Another horse civ should be fun. How about Mongols Vs Huns. Who will win ? :)

I think unfortunately was quite intended, so it's not really polite to edit his quote. The problem with this is the Hunnic Empire was ephemeral. They were nomads who rallied around a single leader and burned out with his death. They had no real lasting achievements, they only left a wake of destruction. They are the epitome of what the barbarians in the civilization series were supposed to represent.

I really wonder how they are going to represent the Huns. Not only gameplay wise but also artsyle wise. Will they look Asian or not, what language will they speak, what cities will they found? There are many questions to be asked about the Huns. I hope they won't turn out to be the same as Mongolia, only with a UU focus on the classical rather than medieval era.

Klingon would be funny, since they'd acknowledge how strange that decision was. But the civilization series has had stranger civs and since civ V puts a focus on different gameplay styles for the different civs, the civs are a good choice since they can make them really unique, only one city buildable (no settlers and city lists) + siege bonus + something mobile.

But yes, they're not really a civilization

I hope Attila speaks in gibberish. And also his background will be piles of dead people or skulls. And his musical themes a bunch of lousy drumbeats.

Firaxis really disappointed me this time.

Their probably going to make them Hungarians.
The Hungarians have always said he's one of them.

They should speak Turkish, btw as far as I understand they will be acting in scenario " Fall of Rome" so they are not Hun empire, they should be European-Hun Empire which Atilla leaded not teoman or mete who leaded Hun Empire and forced chinese build great wall.

Their probably going to make them Hungarians.
The Hungarians have always said he's one of them.

Oh, thats rich. By that logic if they add the Sumerian civ they should speak Hungarian too, cause we do have some idiots who think that we are related to them aswell.

Oh, thats rich. By that logic if they add the Sumerian civ they should speak Hungarian too, cause we do have some idiots who think that we are related to them aswell.

The only sources (including their appearance) comes from shall we say a
"biased source." The Hungarians could very well be right. That these people
were their ancestors.

Ahh, another fellow Hungarian :)
I also strongly disagree with using Hungarian/Magyar for the Huns
Save it for Hungary in the second expansion, you hear me Firaxis? :p
The best idea I heard so far was to use Gothic language

Hungarian would be a terrible choice for the Huns, but it would be understandable if the devs had little time to do the recordings. I don't understand a word from it, despite my trials (but I know enough to remember that Lengyel, Magyar, ket jo barat :D). Gothic would be better, or even some sort of Turkic or Altaic in general? Since there are only speculations about the origins of Hunnic language, there is much liberty and a wide variety of choices. If Ramesses can speak Arabic in Civ, then Attila can speak Kazakh.

I am hungarian (and my IRL name is Attila:) ). It is quite clear that hungarians and huns are not related despite the similarites.
If Attila would speak hungarian that would be historically incorrect, but i support it :))

"Fáraszt ez értelmetlen fecsegés. Rendezzük vitánkat csatatéren, mint az igazi férfiak!"

Top Bottom