1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GoG Sale $1.75

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by Puppeteer, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Puppeteer

Puppeteer Emperor

I have the SMAC CD, but I haven't tried to install it in years, maybe 10 or more. I'm assuming it was copy protected and won't work on Win10.

I had thought about it a couple of times lately, and so I went looking for it today, and lucky me it's on sale for $1.75. (I'm in TX, US.) It's the planetary pack so I guess it includes SMACX which I've never had.

Actually the last time I was poking at SMAC I was looking for SMACX, and for some reason it was crazy expensive, like over $100 on eBay for the CD. Times have changed.

Edit: Oh, the link might be nice for you: https://www.gog.com/game/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Arent11 likes this.
  2. Arent11

Arent11 King

I have it already. But I never install the planetary pack.

It also doesn't seem to correctly display drones. Sometimes drones are shown which are actually pacified by police or other means.

3. Agent Miles

Agent Miles Chieftain

Works fine for me.

Attached Files: