Going for Gold: Founder Beliefs

Is this item in a reasonable state of balance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone finding Noble Truths a tad overtuned? +60 influence for a missionary in renaissance, +90 with Borobudur? When envoys are ridiculously expensive. Also tourism doesn't really come in good synergy with wide or statecraft play.

The key question is….considering that your not getting any core yields…no science no culture…is the amount of cs allies your getting truly better than getting the raw yields on other beliefs.

I could believe it but I’m not fully convinced yet. Cs allows seems powerful because it’s much easier to see CS flip than to track those culture yields just tick tick tick up…but is it actually more powerful…not sure yet

The key question is….considering that your not getting any core yields…no science no culture…is the amount of cs allies your getting truly better than getting the raw yields on other beliefs.
You can get loads of culture from your pantheon, and you don't get much science or culture early on from other founders. And it does provide a lot of science. I don't think CoE is nearly as good and wears off pretty quickly. You can reliably have 8-10 CS allies with Noble Truths every game by the time you unlock Shadow Networks. That's 60-100 :c5science: per turn for you throughout the renaissance.

Even if it is not as strong, it feels just gamey and unfun because it makes statecraft game on autopilot while deactivating and weakening its envoys bonus which seems like a bad design. Apostolic got changed just because of that.

Top Bottom