1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Going raw food

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AL_DA_GREAT, Jun 26, 2012.

1. AL_DA_GREAT

AL_DA_GREAT amour absinthe révolution

So my friend has started eating a raw food diet and has spent the last month trying to convince me and my girlfriend to become raw food vegitarians. This is totally out of character for the meat loving me however I am interested in trying it. Since I left home a few months ago my diet has been bad. I eat processed food and mountains of pasta.

So I am willing to give raw food vegetarianism a chance. Does anyone else do it? Has anyone else tried? I have done it for 36 hours now and I am starving. Seriously I need meat and fries to get full, no amount of veggies seem to fill me up.

2. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

Fish should fill you up.

3. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Have you ever thought of just adding some fruit and vegetables to your current diet rather than an insane radical fad that you'll get over in a week or two at most?

4. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton One

Raw? :twitch: Well it works with sushi I suppose...

What about those people who eat raw meat? Is smoked meat also out of question?
    Snobbish conservatives are the worst kind :p

5. Lillefix

Lillefix I'm serious. You can.

I've mainly eaten cherries the last last weeks. They're best raw. Can be a bit expensive in the long run though. And they're only available for about one month each year.

But seriously: There is a middle ground you know.

6. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Raw fish is good, but vegetarians shouldn't be eating meat, right?

7. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

Be aware that changing your diet radically might even be unhealthy. Also eating exclusively raw food is more digestion intensive.
    I would suppose to change the diet slowly by just leaving out all industry processed food in the beginning (even pasta). This should increase the quality of your meals and make it easier to alter the diet for a long term. After that you might first try to change to vegetarianism and then to raw food vegetarianism.
    Staying on a healthy raw food vegetarianism diet for a long term is really difficult as you will have to be extremely careful to get enough calcium, zinc, iodine, vitamin D, vitamin B12 and iron.

8. cegman

cegman Scott Walker Supporter

Sounds like you need to find a new friend. People like that are annoying

9. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

I was gonna suggest Palak Paneer since it's all spinach with a few pieces of paneer cheese (which is actually way tastier than you would expect for a spinach dish) but it isn't exactly raw.

10. BvBPL

BvBPL Pour Decision Maker

Palak paneer is freaking awesome.

The raw food movement is an abomination against taste buds. Can't say anything about the health aspect of it.

11. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

When eating fruits and vegetables, always go raw. That's where the most fiber and vitamin content are. Cooking plant food robs it of most nutritional value.

Raw meat isn't a good idea.

12. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton One

I know from expierence that America has sort of a trauma regarding raw meat. But when properly handled and smoked it is no problem. In Germany raw meat is fairly common as a dish. Like raw ham and another thing I don't know the ENglish term for:

Delicious! (on occasion)

13. cegman

cegman Scott Walker Supporter

SiLL so good. I've only had it twice it is a christmas time tradition in Wisconsin. Good German heritage. It is good but I wouldn't want it more than once or twice a year. Just like Lutefisk I guess.

14. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

Getting too gimmicky about your food is kind of ridiculous, and extreme changes like suddenly eating nothing but raw vegetables will turn you off of improving your diet generally. If you eat too much processed food, start seeking out more unprocessed foods. Gradually if you have to! You can feel plenty full without meat and fries if you take the time to learn what else you can eat. Vegetarians don't just eat lettuce and carrots all day.

15. Flying Mathias

Flying Mathias Warlord

I always eat my veggies (with the exception of a few, corn, potatoes, etc) raw. Not because I think there are health benefits, just because I think it tastes better.

16. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

I know, right?! :eek: I thought it was just going to be "Ewww spinach..." but it's seasoned so that it doesn't taste like shredded rags!

17. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

Spinach is awesome, I'm so sorry you've had bad experiences. :(

18. de Maistre

de Maistre Comte

I recommend avocados, their rich texture is very filling. I cut them in half, sprinkle a dash of salt on each halve, and eat them out of the skin.

19. rugbyLEAGUEfan

rugbyLEAGUEfan Deity

@OP...I mean this in no way personally, but a wise man once said "If everything in your life is either black or white, there is a good chance you're a dickhead"

20. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander