going to try the occ win.

cman2010

King
I decided to try the one city win in my next game and have a few questions. I have read that you can click it in settings before you start your game if you do this does it prevent you from messing someting up with the victory condition? my other main question is can I raze citys or will that count as me having more than one city since I will own it while I raze it?

Thanks in advance to all who answer my questions.

When you do a custom game (or advanced settings when setting up a game), there is a check box for "One City challenge".

I haven't tried it on Civ 5 yet, but if its anything like Civ4 every captured city will be auto-razed (not too sure what will happen to the capitals)

For clarity, you're talking about the Steam achievement, not just generically playing a one city challenge game, right?

Cities are auto-razed regardless of whether they are capitals, city-states or whatever. They dissapear instantaneously. This means you can't liberate any cities either. I just complete my first OCC as Songhai (which I recommend due to the gold bonuses from clearing barbarian camps - really helps buy all those cultural and scientific buildings). The city cultural boundries also limit at five tiles from the centre, which was dissapointing as i wanted my one city to be as big as a continent (mwuhahaha). Don't let your favourite city states get captured because if they do you have no way to restore them.

When you do a custom game (or advanced settings when setting up a game), there is a check box for "One City challenge".

I haven't tried it on Civ 5 yet, but if its anything like Civ4 every captured city will be auto-razed (not too sure what will happen to the capitals)

Ok thanks that answers my question perfectly.

For clarity, you're talking about the Steam achievement, not just generically playing a one city challenge game, right?

Yes.

Cities are auto-razed regardless of whether they are capitals, city-states or whatever. They dissapear instantaneously. This means you can't liberate any cities either. I just complete my first OCC as Songhai (which I recommend due to the gold bonuses from clearing barbarian camps - really helps buy all those cultural and scientific buildings). The city cultural boundries also limit at five tiles from the centre, which was dissapointing as i wanted my one city to be as big as a continent (mwuhahaha). Don't let your favourite city states get captured because if they do you have no way to restore them.

Thanks I may use him as I planed on having the money from barb camps help.

If you just want the steam achievement, play as monty and rush a low difficulty opponent on a duel map. If you just spam warriors and an archer or two, it takes 20 mins max.

If you just want the steam achievement, play as monty and rush a low difficulty opponent on a duel map. If you just spam warriors and an archer or two, it takes 20 mins max.

thanks I want the achivement but I also see it as a personal challenge so I think I will go for a cultural win.

Top Bottom