1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

going to try the occ win.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by cman2010, Oct 15, 2010.

1. cman2010

cman2010 King

I decided to try the one city win in my next game and have a few questions. I have read that you can click it in settings before you start your game if you do this does it prevent you from messing someting up with the victory condition? my other main question is can I raze citys or will that count as me having more than one city since I will own it while I raze it?

Thanks in advance to all who answer my questions.

2. largedarryl

largedarryl Prince

When you do a custom game (or advanced settings when setting up a game), there is a check box for "One City challenge".

I haven't tried it on Civ 5 yet, but if its anything like Civ4 every captured city will be auto-razed (not too sure what will happen to the capitals)

3. Drawmeus

Drawmeus Emperor

For clarity, you're talking about the Steam achievement, not just generically playing a one city challenge game, right?

4. rjg85

rjg85 Chieftain

Cities are auto-razed regardless of whether they are capitals, city-states or whatever. They dissapear instantaneously. This means you can't liberate any cities either. I just complete my first OCC as Songhai (which I recommend due to the gold bonuses from clearing barbarian camps - really helps buy all those cultural and scientific buildings). The city cultural boundries also limit at five tiles from the centre, which was dissapointing as i wanted my one city to be as big as a continent (mwuhahaha). Don't let your favourite city states get captured because if they do you have no way to restore them.

5. cman2010

cman2010 King

Ok thanks that answers my question perfectly.

Yes.

6. cman2010

cman2010 King

Thanks I may use him as I planed on having the money from barb camps help.

7. Sporhund

Sporhund Warlord

If you just want the steam achievement, play as monty and rush a low difficulty opponent on a duel map. If you just spam warriors and an archer or two, it takes 20 mins max.

8. cman2010

cman2010 King

thanks I want the achivement but I also see it as a personal challenge so I think I will go for a cultural win.