Going Viking 2

KingArthur

Searching for the Holy Grail
This is remake of an old scenario I made (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89569).

Basically, you start as either the Norse or Danes and your goal is to return booty (treasure unit) to your capital in order to gain victory points. Of course if you are particularly good at war you can try to conquer the "known world".

Treasure units are created in many ways:

- Sack a city and the population will turn into treasure.

- Capture workers. (Tip: Use the Raider unit to capture workers without starting a conflict).

- Build Trade Improvements which autoproduce treasure units.

DOWNLOAD LINK: ~34MB in size.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g2eyduz0vscteuf/Going+Viking.rar/file

Screenies

PATCHES:
A patch version by Mentat - Highly Recommended! Simply unzip it into the scenarios folder and allow it to replace the existing biq file.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4579418&postcount=68

Attachments

• Going Viking2.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 922
Last edited by a moderator:
Version 1 of this was the first scenario I ever played. I love(d) it! :love:

How is this one different, aside from what you mention in the OP?

Rambuchan said:

This one has:

-a brand new map featuring Norway, Denmark and Iceland.

-modifications to tech tree, units, improvements and wonders.

-more challenging AI.

I've tried to make the gameplay fast moving and challenging - that's what I'm aiming for anyway.

Rambuchan said:
Version 1 of this was the first scenario I ever played. I love(d) it! :love:

Almost forgot the biggest change. Chritianity now has a big influence. Christian civs can send missionaries into your cities to try to convert the population. I've hijacked the Spy Mission feature to make this possible. There is now a high chance that viking cities will flip. You can of course convert to a Christian Monarchy government (immunity from spy missions) but you would lose a lot of the cool viking specific features.

Looks good from the initial few rounds. I like the relatively small map - it makes everything more playable and accessible. As the Danes, I've splatted Northumbria and am wondering whether to hammer the Picts next or march upon Alfred...

I notice that Viking Raiders treat all terrain as roads, although the pedia doesn't say they do. Also, I was surprised to find Thor's Hammer in Bernicia!

Thor's Hammer in Bernicia. Now that's not right. Ah dang, I replaced the ERA None method of cutting of the viking tech path with 'Flavours'. Obviously this is not having the effect I planned so I will reintroduce the ERA None tech in a patch.

Plotinus said:
Oh, they didn't build it there - it's prebuilt at the start of the game, as you can see if you look at the biq. For some random reason!
Bizarre, it shouldn't be there of course.

Saw it. Downloaded it. Installed it. ... and been playing it, even though I was really into playtesting one of my scenarios. Oh well,, so my "work" will have to wait now.

In other words: This scenario is really fun to play. Great job!

Thank you. I liked the first one
so I'm sure I will like this one.

thanks guys. I've posted a small biq patch on the first post. It removes Thor's Hammer from Bernicia where it was pre-built. Thanks to Plotinus for pointing this out. I was a bit concerned about the difficulty level i.e. I think it's too easy so let me know what you think.
@TopGun69 - I hear you, Scenario creation does feel like real work and sometimes you need a diversion. What are you working on?

I'm working on a scenario about medieval Germany, called Ostkolonisation ("Eastern Colonization"), covering the period when the German duchies expanded across the Elbe River into formerly Slavic territories, carving what is today seen as Germany's heartland. I'm still tweaking the map... unit pre-placement... impassable forests etc.

Top Bottom