gold being offered for nothing since patch

ohbuggerit

Chieftain
Anyone else had rival civs offering free gold since the patch? I am being gifted around 7 gpt every few turns.

I noticed in the patch notes some form of expolit about which i was not aware.

Now i seem to have triggered this bug/exploit.

i had been trying to bargain for niter before this, but had bneen unable to reach an acceptable deal.

Are you the subject of an Emergency or Military Aid competition? If so, the AI may be trying to earn points by gifting you gold.

Me neither.

Firstly no mods. Large map playing as england, on small continents. (my island is reminiscent of the UK- with a droopy cornwall.)

However you just reminded me Eagle that, yes i had been a victim of a flood some time earlier in the game. And they had voted to help me. I was quite popular at the time.

Is this working as intended? I've not played for quite a while. Was hoping for a good amount of improvement with the patch

It seems like a lot of money for a few trashed tiles? I suppose it could be a reward for being peaceful early in the game. Just seems a bit of a big reward. I had not experienced this before

Attachments

• VICTORIA 229 1590 AD.Civ6Save
    3 MB · Views: 211
  • 2019-06-19.png
    2019-06-19.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 258
  • VICTORIA 229 1590 AD.Civ6Save
    3 MB · Views: 114
Yes, working as intended. You gain quite a bit of gold, but they get 200 Diplomatic points and victory points.

Hi Eagle

i think you were correct, as the help has just ended. However i will play on a bit to ses if i get further rewards. Just seems a bit much - not like the ai needs a handicap.

Attachments

• 2019-06-19 (4).png
    2019-06-19 (4).png
    4.5 MB · Views: 151
ok thanks everyone. i suppose it demonstrates a reward for being nice. (although i was getting the rewards at the point i i was provoked by cleopatra into being a bit nasty.)

Firstly no mods. Large map playing as england, on small continents. (my island is reminiscent of the UK- with a droopy cornwall.)

However you just reminded me Eagle that, yes i had been a victim of a flood some time earlier in the game. And they had voted to help me. I was quite popular at the time.

Is this working as intended? I've not played for quite a while. Was hoping for a good amount of improvement with the patch

It seems like a lot of money for a few trashed tiles? I suppose it could be a reward for being peaceful early in the game. Just seems a bit of a big reward. I had not experienced this before

Yes, new to the patch you actually get the gold:

• Send Aid Project now sends Gold to all accepting ongoing Emergencies
And now the winner (who sends you the most Gold) gets 2 Diplo victory points (out of 25 needed to win):
  • Aid Requests (including new Military Aid Request) grant 2 DVP (doubled).
So the amount you get isn't related to how much damage you suffered - it's more related to how much other civs are trying to win a diplomatic victory (and perhaps how popular you are)

IMO, the amount of gold being transferred in aid emergencies is a bit ridiculous.

I think they should be shortened to 5 or 10 turns. That way, to give a lot of gold, you either need to have a lot on hand already or have some high production cities to churn out aid projects.

Alternately, allow districts and buildings to be repaired with gold so the disaster victim can make appropriate use of the gold.

agreed its too much. I had every civ asking to give me gold - multiple times. Even cleopatra intially - who had denounced me. She did at least stop when i declared war on her. Perhaps its just how this game is playing out. Otherwise you will be actively wanting a natural disaster - which is a bit weird- and a tad insensitive.

One last question before i go to bed. What is it with Firaxis and 7 gold for a trade of "stuff". I have been playing various versions for many years now and this amount seems their default trade amount.. I thought 3 was the magic number.

IMO, the amount of gold being transferred in aid emergencies is a bit ridiculous.

I think they should be shortened to 5 or 10 turns. That way, to give a lot of gold, you either need to have a lot on hand already or have some high production cities to churn out aid projects.

Alternately, allow districts and buildings to be repaired with gold so the disaster victim can make appropriate use of the gold.

One tile got pillaged by a tornado. Curtin gave me almost 30000 gold to aid those poor quarry workers...

Top Bottom