1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Gold Bug" Destroys AI Civs

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Vuldacon, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Want some Game Winning Big Money? Take advantage of the AI when suing for peace. This is what I will call the "Gold Bug"! How to use it: Early in a game, Simply stay in a War until the enemy AI Civ offers peace for peace. Click "No Way" and the AI will essentially ask what you want instead. Click on Peace and Gold Per turn, then fill in the amount for 111111111 per turn! :D They have always accepted this!!! I had 3 Civs in 1 game paying me this amount per turn and I was given over 6 Billion in Gold in 20 moves! The Romans accepted it again :crazyeyes as the first 20 turns of peace ended. The amount that will build up and register on the game screen seems to go just beyond 2 Billion and jump back to the 100 Millions amount but you cannot possibly spend THAT in a game anyway unless you give it away. Great for buying cities or anything else because the Civs that give this amount per turn have 0 Gold for 20 turns (Duh, I wonder why?) Needless to say, this "Gold Bug" Destroys the AI Civs and you can buy Everything for Every City you have as you keep Science as high as 100% and stay in Monarchy with no war wariness. Or make all cities happy with 20% luxuries and enjoy "We Love the King" almost constantly while at war. Buy Units of choice in Every City, Every Turn. Upgrade any and all units and Storm the enemy with Hundreds of them. What ever you want to do with money but I think you get the picture. Not a Fair Game and certainly No Challenge after doing this but it is a Bug in favor of the Human Players. So for anyone who is frustrated by or complaining about the Bug Cheating AI Civs.....Bug them Back if you feel the need!Game.:beer:Hopefully the patch will correct the problems in this Great Game.

Anyone else experience this or any other Civ III Bugs in favor of the Human Player?

2. DiB

DiB Chieftain

While we appreciate you trying to help this has already been discussed for quite a while. Next time plz read a few other threads before posting.

3. mrlobber

mrlobber Chieftain

Actually I'm also the "blind" one who heard this for the first time. Not all people unfortunately have the time to read every post in this forum, so if somebody posts a thing already discussed here I don't think it's the reason for such words from your side.

Peace, brother! :slay:

4. Maugan

Maugan Chieftain

The search engine has sent me to 'page can not be displayed' 10 times in a row. If you are going to spend your time shooting down threads that have already been discussed before, you better free up your callendar, it's gonna be a long winter.