Gold Bug?

Jokkers

Chieftain
Hey there. All of the sudden i started to loose gold even tho i have a posetive income.
At the moment i have +85,8 Income and -23 expenditure totaling to a 62,8 turn income.
But im still at 0 gold and have been for 5 turns now. Getting constant warning that im bankrupt even tho i sould be making money.

Please help its getting pretty frustrating.

I had this same issue in my game after resuming play a day later. There are a bunch of variables that may have went into it; reloading client, switching from merchant republic to democracy, something random I did with districts or policies, etc. However I will agree that it is a PITA and experience ruining bug. The View Reports feed out and the gold per turn UI element + tooltip don't seem to be in total agreement either. I don't know if the AI are suffering from it. I've noticed that my neighbor Kongo has had to deal with multiple waves of barbarians which I guess could be caused by lack of amenities via bankruptcy. But none of the other AI's really seem phased.

I threw my save up here (as brazil) so maybe we can work through some of the issues.

Attachments

• PEDRO II 297 1852 AD neg gold.Civ6Save
    3.8 MB · Views: 253
I have had the same problem twice. Once with the Romans, now with the French. It generally happens later in the game, closer or during the modern era. Did anyone find out what the problem was, and how to fix it? I have posted screen shots.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Bug Reports thread

Attachments

• Civ 6 - France1.jpg
    Civ 6 - France1.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 634
  • Civ 6 - France2.jpg
    Civ 6 - France2.jpg
    744.6 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:
I am enjoying the game so far. However, I have played the game up to the modern era twice, and found a major bug. I randomly start losing money, despite have a positive income. This happened when I played as the Romans, and just recently, playing as France.

Has this happened to anyone? If so, have you been able to fix the problem?

I attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• Civ 6 - France1.jpg
    Civ 6 - France1.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 372
  • Civ 6 - France2.jpg
    Civ 6 - France2.jpg
    744.6 KB · Views: 633
Hmm, it's possible that was the problem. Although it wasn't clear, I put a spy in the commercial district of my capital city and the problem appears to have gone away. Thanks for the hint!

I just had the same problem and then stumbled upon this thread. I vaguely remember getting an espionage message a few turns back but thought it was a one time thing. GPT reported was +40 but treasury went down each turn. Even got the bankruptcy notice. Then as Ryan F posted, I put spies in my commercial districts and it stopped. Strange that it doesn't seem to show up in the tooltip or anywhere else.

I had the same "issue" two days ago. It is not a bug. When AI steals your gold using spy, it is possible that you will have a very negative gold income.

So I'm having this happen right now. It's a nuisance as I put a spy in the Commercial Hub where I had been hit a couple of times. The other times however I was simple notified that I had lost $X to foreign spies. This time I have received no such notification; but are constantly getting the "you're bankrupt warning" while showing strongly positive income anywhere that breaks it down. Is it because my money reserves are low this time, that they aren't just stealing a big total which I am notified of and that's where it ends?

Attachments

• JADWIGA 541 1200 AD.Civ6Save
    3.7 MB · Views: 131
@nzcamel, it seems like you are sending aid to Teddy untill the next Congress. What mods have you used? How can your apostles have 7 and 9 charges?

@nzcamel, it seems like you are sending aid to Teddy untill the next Congress. What mods have you used? How can your apostles have 7 and 9 charges?

I haven't sent Teddy any aid. I voted against that emergency, so can't. You can see here that the Aid emergency isn't showing where it would be were I a part of it:

No emergency.PNG

Here are the Mods I am running. I suspect at least one of them has an issue as I can't link a hotkey for the Victory Conditions screen:
Enabled Mods.PNG

As to the super charged Apostles I have Mosques (+1), the Hagia Sophia (+1); and in the just finished last age (golden) I had Exodus of the Evangelists (+2). Any on top of those figures will be down to their promotion.

@nzcamel, I think the problem is in the Aid Request anyway. It is shown in your active effects and it should expire in 18 turns. But in 3 turns, after the next session this effect goes away and gold starts to grow.

Thanks for looking into it. That is odd!

Top Bottom