1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold Civs - Asia

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by Wyz_sub10, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Cuatemoc

Cuatemoc Space Marine Sargeant

You can use a fictional UU for the Vietnamese:
    Elephant Rider
    And for the Javanese you can use a galley like UU, because Java is an isle.

2. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

hey, im vietnamese. im pretty sure its vietnamese... not absolute, but sure enough...

3. Cuatemoc

Cuatemoc Space Marine Sargeant

Excellent! I thinked it was fictional.

4. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Chieftain

A good indonesian ancient civ thats the best would have to be srivijaya. Basically it was an empire that encompassed Java, Malacca, Borneo, Sumatra, and many islands east of that. They were probably the strongest and most memorable of past maritime south east asian civs.

5. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Sounds cool.

Can you provide any details?

6. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

A new Phak'ak popped up made by Esnaz in Unit Graphics yesterday here. Possibly a new replacement?

7. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

With BTS we had to exclude civs once more, because of overlap with Firaxis civs. Good idea though to recycle artwork and let it return as different LH's, units, etc.

8. Sam767

Sam767 Chieftain

Being a bit of an amateur expert on India and Pakistan (especially Pakistan), I have some suggestions. I offer them respectfully and hope you will not think me to be complaining or whining or anything.

First of all, use the Indian voices for the Pakistani units as well. I don't know what language the Pakistanis are speaking.

Remove Benazir Bhutto and replace her with Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, her father, the reasoning being that he's far more important (unless Benazir's death causes some kind of significant development). His traits: Charismatic (that's a trait, right?) and aggressive. If not charismatic, then philosophical.

Well, I have many suggestions, but I am sure you are busy and wouldn't want anyone dictating to you how to design a civ. If you are interested in my assistance (I am a history buff in general, so I might be able to help beyond the Subcontinent as well), then just ask. Great mod guys. ^_^

9. Wyz_sub10

Perhaps Arabic. I'll have to check, but I can replace with Indian easily enough.

Zulfikar is probably a better choice, but there are two reasons I went with Benazir: 1) she is very well known, 2) there is a real lack of female leaders

Suggestions are always welcome. :)

10. Sam767

Sam767 Chieftain

Yeah, India and Pakistan have basically the same language, so what the Indians say is exactly would the Pakistanis say.

I see. Your reasons for going with Benazir are good. I don't know if you would want to do this, but perhaps consider adding Mohammad Ali Jinnah as a leader. He was Pakistan's founder and is widely revered, unlike the two leaders playable now. Plus, you have Gandhi so it would be cool to have Jinnah. They were contemporaries you see, and had political clashes long before the Pakistan movement was born. His traits would be Industrious and Charismatic (or if not that then Protective).

Here's an idea for a unique building that's a little more specifically Pakistani than generally Mughal in character (like the gardens are): Military Run Corporation or Military Business (or you could call it Military Inc., like the book about the subject). Replaces Bank. +50% gold, but also +15% build when building military units.
    Or Defence Industry/Factory (Or you could call it by its name, Heavy Industries Taxila. It is a government owned defence producer that produces the Al-Khalid Tank and all that good stuff). Replaces factory and does the same thing, but with the addition of +15% production for military units.

Basically something is more Pakistani if it involves the military owning businesses and stuff. It would also be cool if the bonus for military production was minimal unless Police State was adopted, at which point production increases from 5% extra to 25% extra, or something. Just an idea.

11. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

Changed it from Persian to Indian for the next version.

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I'd like to suggest:

- Mughal Empire, the last great Indian empire before the coming of the British; leaders are Akbar the Great, Aurangzeb a.o.; possible UU's Damascene steelcast cannon, Armored Elephant; UB - actually the Taj Mahal (the Mausoleum, which is actually the same, is also already being used)...

- Mysore, leader Tippu Sultan (the "Tiger of Mysore", creative protective), UU Rocket Infantry/Artillery, UB Taramandal Pet (Galaxy Market, for manufacture of rockets & fireworks)

13. Sam767

Sam767 Chieftain

For Mughal Empire, Armoured Elephant is probably the better choice, since it's more typical.

As for UB, I think Mughal Gardens could be good (just like the gardens building for Pakistan). Or Red Fort (or Mughal Fort) would be good. It could replace Castle. Does everything a castle does, but also reduces maintenance by 25% and adds 1 happiness.

14. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

:goodjob:

Crivijaya (or Srivijaya), originally Sumatra-based kingdom form 200 AD-1300 AD, basically a thalassocracy (contributing to some extent to the population of Madagascar), ruled by kings like Gautama Sibhadra and his son Pyrawarman of Vinyawarman, gradually extanding its rule over many coastal regions in Malaysia and Indonesia. Claims to have overseen the erection of the Borobodur.

Majapahit contributed to Crivijaya's decline as it rose to be the largest precolonial empire in Indonesia, ruled by kings like Kartarajasa and Jayanegara (also known as Hayam Wuruk).

More details in the Wikipedia entries and the Historia Indonesia.

15. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

Majapahit, leader Gajah Mada - DONE

16. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Yes! (Have to write more txt to get posted):mischief:

17. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

PS: What will the UB and UU be? (Spice Market and?):confused:

18. Wyz_sub10

Will have to re-visit. The UU for Indonesia is the Spice Market, and the UU is the Kopassus.

When Amra made the Majapahit, he used the Indonesian UB, but a new UU. We'll have to sort that out.

19. ASIMOV123

ASIMOV123 Chieftain

Mon / Burmese and Lao

Mon, Siam, Lao and Khmer kingdoms were constantly at war. And those were big civilizations, especially the Burmese.. Pagan+Shwedagon etc etc wonders of the world.