Gold Gift Slider

chunkymonkey

Procrastinator
Its just a little niggle, but I tend to get frustrated by it every time!

For every single diplomatic encounter I have ever taken part in, I spend a lot longer than I should trying to optimise the amount of gold per turn or lump sum of gold that I give to an AI or desire from an AI, in order to keep them happy whilst maximising my profit.

What would be nice is if I, say, had asked to buy Rocketry and offered an amount close to what I thought was a good amount (2000 gold), i could increase or decrease this amount using a little slider or clicking on a little arrow or something, rather than continually selecting gold, unselecting gold, selecting gold, unselecting gold, selecting gold............... :crazyeye:

I just imagine it would save a whole lot of that precious resource of time.

kulgan said:
Or it could suggest the amount?

Yes, I could ask the AI to suggest, but the AI is sneaky and will often demand much more than they would otherwise usually accept. :sad: Plus, for complex negotiations, it is impossible to ask,

"Hi Gandhi. Right, I've got Chivalry, Education, Printing Press, A nice World Map and two amazingly efficient Maya workers. If I were to ask you in return for Metallurgy, The Republic, your World Map, the city of Detroit which you earlier stole from me, and whilst we're at it let's frorm an alliance against the French who seem to hovering around my borders. How much extra gold would you need from me to sweeten the deal?"

One quick thing instead of un-selecting and re-selecting you can just right click. BUt I do agree a slider is a very good idea. I get bore of going 160, too little, 170, too much, 175, too little. it gets annoying.

Why not just remove the concept of haggling altogether?

Slider!!Good idear/ It can change colour from red to green when you reach the acceptable amount.

Definately would like to see this :)

Top Bottom