1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gold late game : pointless?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Question, Sep 28, 2012.

1. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Austria will be brought back to earth in the upcoming patch. That civ is annoying to have on the map. Better to wipe them out early if possible.

2. wannabewarlord

wannabewarlord Prince

This is simply not true. Your argument is fundamentally flawed in that you base yourself on a difficulty that is obviously much too easy for you. Crank it up and check your bank again. I - and I am by no means a reference - do not manage to get 500gpt on Immortal. At least not easily and definitely not on a regular basis.

3. Halps

Halps Chieftain

Never tried buying off the "warmongering" thing but I especially enjoy hiring them as mercenaries to attack my enemies and cause strife while I focus on my own plans.
    I especially enjoy seeing the invasion force coming at me, recruiting the guy behind or next to him to DOW, then watch him DOW on me and get dogpiled while I look like the good guy!

4. gladoscc

gladoscc Warlord

5. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

6. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

I have a long memory of stuff, though not always.:(

7. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Me neither. Making maps is no joke. That tests your memory. Right now I am copying a map for my WWI mod. I'm just adding things as I see fit. Especially in Russia. This guy's WWI mod has Russia without much coal. Which is fine, because Russia was unable to harness its true industrial might, during that time. So, what I have done is add more strategic resources near the Urals. Rapid expansion, along with building railroads will be key to winning as Russia. I also change Volgograd to Tsaritsyn and added two iron on a hill to the west of the city. Fun stuff!

8. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

Sounds like your having fun, nokmirt.

I have to admit that I would want to see a WW1 mod/scenario like that, where having your Supply will actually be a lot more complicated and essential than it currently is, because currently the only penalty you get for going over your Supply limit is slower production. Tying it to railroad/road networks and "abstracted" sea routes would work well, so your units will have their performance in battles affected by blockades and pillages, and actually surrounding entire cities or units will matter more.