Gold per turn

Most I've had was about a thousand...that was probably overkill. Playing England and spamming a million harbors.

Generally a few hundred is what I shoot for in the mid game.

Would really depend on era & possibly game speed.

My current game I'm doing ok with gold in the ancient era with 1205 Gold. +7.2 G/pt
My last game in modern era. I ended with 167 844 Gold. Income: 1106.2 G/pt, Expenses -521 G/pt
Both played on Marathon

In my experience, I'm happy with:
Early game- 20-50 GPT
Mid game- 100-200 GPT
Late game- 300-600 GPT

In my experience, early game you want enough gold per turn to maybe buy an early unit (a settler or builder) to speed up your early game, and have enough money to pay for a moderate army. If you're conquering early, its ok to straddle the line at 0 or even -3 or so gpt, the rewards are worth it.

Once you reach midieval era units, you're going to want to have a few more traders out in order to pay for a better army. You don't need a million gpt, but you want enough to pay for unit upgrades, unit maintenance, and the occassional building.

Late game you should be getting a fair amount of gpt, I've gone from anywhere from 200 to 1000, depending on my civ and setup (england can get a lot, for instance), and late game civics can give you nice bonuses for this.

It really depends on how you play. I've had games with +1200 gpt when I entered the modern era and simply bought everything I've needed. Other games I've had +120gpt at the same time and used production or faith for everything I needed.

That's the beauty of Civ, there isn't a single metric by which to judge how well you're doing

On the chance that the hidden agenda of wealth is being refereed to, anything higher than what the AI with that agenda has.

I'm finding gold quite important and you can create big problems for yourself, if you can't afford buying tiles and upgrading units.

So I don't think there is a target, you always have less than you need when playing optimally. I've yet to be in a situation where I had spare gold and could buy great people.

On a side note:

Has anyone actually managed to have negative income in VI?

Building a strong economy could be a pretty big challenge in IV and V ... but in VI, gold just keeps flowing in.

S.

300-400 gold per turn is lot enough.
My record was around 1000 gold per turn. I don't even know how :D
Great persons are having a party on my cities.

On a side note:

Building a strong economy could be a pretty big challenge in IV and V ... but in VI, gold just keeps flowing in.

S.
I once clicked the wrong button when negotiating peace. I ended up paying over 300 gpt to Montezuma for ceding all cities that I captured, with my gpt being around +150 before that. I'm not even sure if this should be possible, but now I had 30 turns with -150. For some reason though, I never lost gold. And I demanded 30 gpt from Montezuma back to which he agreed...

On a side note:

S.

I did, and it was the end of me.
Late game, I had 300+ per turn. Started building up my navy and airforce, I was also attacking civs out of revenge for attacking me much earlier, and before I new it, I had rebels everywhere, -5 amenities, and negative 100 gold.
In late game, and most of your cities are now surrounded by 5-6 late game units like modern armor, and you have 20 naval units and jet bombers dont make much of an impact, I was toast. I gave up.

the amount of gold you have per turn is usually limited by 1 thing: the players ability to micro.

- Trade routes make gold flow like water but you have to reset them.
- Military size - Also known as how many units you want to micro since we have this stupid 1upt rule that makes moving your military any distance past one turn a pointless.

Top Bottom