Gold, Silver, Fur not giving Happiness

quikesan

Chieftain
Hi

I have started a new game, and I just realized that Gold, Silver, or Fur, doesnt give Happiness anymore. Is this intended? It is a bug?

Thanks!

you need the specific technology to enable happiness from gold and silver. Mining will provide it upon the map,

No happiness from gold/silver/fur.

they increase commerce in your cities with a jeweler, bazaar, furrier, bead maker etc.

Many other ways to increase happiness, makes it more of a challenge.

thanks for the answer.
Was this changed recently?

IMO, it makes sense that you need the building to get the benefit of the resources (commerce, health, happiness or any other benefit), but doesn't make sense that having access to luxury resources doesn't give you happiness bonus.

It's been long since the last time I played. I started a game a few days ago, and I have encounter much more trouble than before dealing with unhappiness in the beginning. Checking the civilopedia, I have found that now there are less resources that gives you happiness. Almost none that doesn't require advance tech (such as Calendar). As far as I have seen, only jewels and pearls. I don't thing that it makes sense that pearls and jewels give a happiness bonus and gold,silver or ivory doesn't.

Is this a deliberate attempt to make the game more difficult at the begging?

Is there a quick way to give the luxury resources its original happiness bonus?

As I said, IMHO, I think that the happiness bonus from gold, silver, ivory or fur is very realistic.

After a few games of this mod I realized it's a good change considering there's over a dozen ways to build happiness in the ancient era. Happiness bonus is not needed on them.

Top Bottom