Gold Trading Exploit

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by CrackityJones, Nov 21, 2005.

1. CrackityJones

CrackityJones Chieftain

There was a "Stupid Civ Tricks" thread a while back that would have made a good home for this, but alas, it seems to be long gone. My apologies if others have already publicized this discovery:

I was trying to get one AI opponent to declare war on another. First I asked them to just do it as a friendly gesture, but they wouldn't. Then I asked what they wanted for it. They requested about 500 gold. 10 gold is all my mom allows me to spend, so I right clicked the 500 gold, and dropped it down to 10. When I did so, I found that the menu options still showed "We accept your offer" rather than "What would you think of this?" Basically, when you reduce the amount of gold in a "gold only" trade offer, it isn't recognized as a renegotiation.

I've gotten maps, religious conversions, and various diplomatic commitments for 10 gold this way. (I know. It's cheating. I like to enjoy these little perks until they're patched.)

2. petey

petey Prince

Ya, this is a bug that a lot of people have talked about. Hopefully it will be fixed in the patch.

3. Seanirl

Seanirl U-Boat Commander

Heh, yeah, it's ridiculous. I remember trying to make peace with Alexander, he wouldn't accept peace for peace but then I just said **** it after some playing around and decided to take the peace for peace "We accept your offer" thingy... wrong maybe, but damnit I can't be bothered.

4. Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius Chieftain

i didnt know that, i though you were supposed to just go right on up and take the money ;)