1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] Golden Age Lincoln w/Universal Suffrage

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Jivilov, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Jivilov

Jivilov Chieftain

Just wonder if anybody else got a Golden Age as Americans after building Universal Suffrage. That's what happened to me in a recent Continents game (Standard map) on Emperor. The Civopedia sez only Agricultural civs get just a chance for one if they build it, but Lincoln is Expansionist and Industrious. Weird, no?

2. justanick

justanick Chieftain

Not weird at all. When you complete a wonder, it is checked whether all your wonders do suffice for triggering a golden age. So that does include all your wonders, even those built by AI, but conquered by you. :)

vorlon_mi and Jivilov like this.
  3. Jivilov

Jivilov Chieftain

Many thanks justanick. Been playing Civ3 for over 15 years and didn't know that. Sheesh! BTW this was the first time I tried beelining Literature to build the GL. Kept me in the hunt until Pachacuti was dumb enough to sell me horses to make Knights for beating up on Carthage's Numidian Mercenaries. Having grabbed Hannibal's horse supply Lincoln's enterprise grew exponentially, eventually winning a Domination in 1830 AD.

EDIT: Seems I'm not alone. Even Theov wasn't aware of this until recently:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/strange-triggering-of-golden-age-with-wonders.86585/

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  4. Theov

Theov Chieftain

yeah that was weird when that happened,
    it's also quite rare to happen
    And you need to understand how GAs happen; new players will just take the info "your GA has started, wise men say" and move on without questioning 'why'.

Jivilov likes this.