Golden Ages?

Exsanguination

No longer here
I was in a wonder-induced Golden Age in a game as the Greeks, and I noticed several very odd things when it ended. The end BEFORE my advisor told me my GA ended, all the production bonuses ceased to exist. YET I still had a commerce boost. The turn later, when my advisor told me my GA ended, all my commerce went down the drain, but my production didn't change (as it ended the turn previous).

Also, I investigated a Chinese city during my GA and noticed they were in a GA as well. More curious though, was the fact that they had forest tiles producing 3 shields. Mine were only producing 2! Do industrious civs get some sort of GA-shield bonus?

Any insight?

EX: before talking about this w/o really knowing what I'm saying, tell me: Were you in despotism??

Despotism reduces shields of three or greater by 1 so if you had not been a despot your forest would also produce 3 shields.

Try to avoid the GA when a despot.:wallbash:

I had an even bigger problem in that I am due to researching Monarchy in 5 turns but I just know that one of my UU's will be attacked, become victorious, and kick off my GA prematurely. I have to go with this though, I have no other choice (the UU was the only one garrisoned in the beseiged city.

The problem is that I'm also at war with 3 civs at the same time. Religious doesn't happen to be a trait of my civ so the Anarchy will hold off my war-production for 4-5 turns. Anarchy in a Golden Age?! That's just too much to take for me! I'll have to stick to Despot the whole time I have the GA. :(

ah damn, never thought of that damn tile penalty in despotism... well it either get a GA or miss the colossus and GL... ic hose the wonders :D.

How the first oddity? Any help there?

I guess it has to do with the succession of events and calculations in Civ3; Commerce is worked before production and inbetween you have the GA- ending; If you look you see that the words golden-age are gone before the advisor makes his message;

HTH

Rowain

PS:A Similarity is when you start a Revolution at the moment you discover the new goverment you h will loose only the prod for that turn since the Commerce is already in your pocket;
or the wealth/production cheat.

Top Bottom