[GS] Golden Gate Bridge placement rules?

Stavangerchj

Chieftain
Hi all! Can anyone tell me why I can't build the GGB across the bay in the picture below?

It must be built on a coast tile where it must run straight across the hex between two land tiles directly opposite one another and at least one water tile must be adjacent to each end of the bridge

Don't the highlighted hexes fit the bill?

Thanks!

Attachments

• civ62.jpg
    civ62.jpg
    822.9 KB · Views: 6,587
Finding a spot for that one can be a pain, only build it once so far. Was a Maori game where I got one or more national parks in every city except the one city where I could build the bridge. It does also boost ski and sea resorts nicely though.
That does of course mean it's rarely build by the AI. It is really strong for culture victory.

As I understand the requirement, it MUST occupy a complete water hex, with a coast hex on both the left and the right ends of the bridge. (Three tiles in all.)

Not exactly.. it's somewhat confusing (for me at least), but as proven by the valid setup below.. that special bridge can also be oriented on Hex/Angles. So its required "water tiles of each sides" can become the build tile itself OR whatever happens to be bottom/top at a 72° angle..

GoldenGateBridge_withAngle.png

Top Bottom