Golden Warriors (30/10/07)

Plotinus

Philosopher
Retired Moderator
As requested by R8XFT, some Indian warriors in highly impractical armour and slightly inauthentic skirts. I think they could probably pass for some kind of southeast Asian warriors too if need be.

Golden Swordsman

Golden Spearman

Golden Archer

Really nice unit! The archer's anims are very well done.

Wow, hot units! And versatile, by the sound of it, too. As per usual, good job, Plotty. :goodjob:

Very nice!

I think it may be rather tempting to give them to Babylon...

The archer's animations came out brilliantly!

I with Virote on this one...They almost appear to be Syrian at this scale.

Well done nonetheless!

Could somebody remind me when abouts soldiers looking like these would have been fighting in India?

Really nice. I love the reflection that comes off the shield.

South East Asia (Khmer) was my first thought when I saw them.

The swordsman, if he were wering pants of the same color as his robe, would be a spitting image of the Crusaders (a.k.a Lord Mi'ihen's Crusaders) from Final Fantasy X............

Wonderful effort, Plotinus.
Could somebody remind me when abouts soldiers looking like these would have been fighting in India?
As Plotinus said, the long "kilt" is not quite authentic. Some variation of the helmet could have been worn, at least by the Kshatriya caste from the Vedic Era through the reign of the Chola; simplified versions were even worn by some opponents of the Mughals such as the Marathas.

Speaking of the helmet, which looks just right at game scale - would you mind posting the prop? The weapons are also outstanding. :mischief: I take special notice of the touch of civ color on the very Indian-looking bow.

Very awesome units! The gilded guys of Goa. OK, that's enough of my pathetic rhyming.

You mean awesome alliteration, surely?

Really nice. I love the reflection that comes off the shield.

South East Asia (Khmer) was my first thought when I saw them.

Yes, that might be a good use - that's what the concept art made me think of anyway.

Speaking of the helmet, which looks just right at game scale - would you mind posting the prop? The weapons are also outstanding. :mischief: I take special notice of the touch of civ color on the very Indian-looking bow.

I'm planning to post the various props and figures I've put together soon, so I'll include that among them. I can't take any credit for the bow, which is entirely utahjazz7's, including the civ-coloured tips. I just made it bigger and golden.

Top Bottom