1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gomtuu

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Jul 22, 2009.

1. deanej

deanej Chieftain

How do you guys feel about Gomtuu's strength? I thought about giving him 10 strength, but dropped it to 5 when I saw the comparable units when inserting him to the barb spawn code, but I'm thinking it may be too low (especially since he can't attack).

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I have to disagree here: Gomtuu can "attack" (but doesn't kill); according to canon Star Trek he can displace a unit to quite a distance, disabling it temporarily in the process. As this is possibly impossible to implement (it would also have to go to hostile/friendly intent when encountering Gomtuu), he should have sufficient defence in-game. (So strength 5 might indeed be a wee bit low; 10 is better. Does he have any additional promotions?)

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I meant that he couldn't attack in the game (to represent that he only ever "attacked" in self defense). He has free march and sentry and starts with an AI to pillage.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I know what you meant. (Why would Gomtuu pillage? He's basically the last - or lost - one of a space species and, as you mention, only defends when attacked. Sorry for nitpicking.)

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain