1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GoobNES02: The Cold Civil War

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Goober, May 2, 2006.

1. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

:cool: Who the man with nothing to lose? It's Dick Justice! *pam parampam pamparam pamaparam pam*

IC:
    To the USSR
    From the Yugoslav governemnt in exile

Hail pagans of the frozen North! Your illegal invasion will cease. Pick up your dinky toys and other assorted crap and head on home. If any damages on our industry and economy are present, we shall take note of it and send you the bill. BTW Walther (Koba knows who he is) said he knew this day would come and he laughs at you for so many failed assassination attempts on him. However lets get straight to buinsess.

Now you are thinking that I have finally gone bonkers. Nonetheless our demands are as follows:

The Soviet Military is to retreat and leave Yugoslavia in the alloted time of one standard Planet Earf month.
    If the economy and industry of Yugoslavia are damaged in any way, the USSR shall compensate accordingly.
    The Soviet Union shall send Yugoslavia a crate of their finest vodka as an apology.

Failure to do so....well you have found the nuklear research facility by now. If these demands are not met, I will mass mail the plans and blueprints of nuklear power to every government on Earf. (Vatican included) Granted the designs are for the peaceful production of nukular power, but that is not the point as the standard centrifuges can easily enrich uranium to weapons grade material. Take a few minutes and reflect on the consequences this could have on the world, or dont. Power to the masses, it's your ideal isnt? Well this is the best kind of power for the people. *sniff* I love the smell of enriched uranium....it smells like....victory.
    Feel free to send your KGB and/or GRU, they will be welcomed with open arms and fiber wire around their necks.

Seriously just get the **** outta of my country. In case this letter is ignored, you already know what will happen. A global forest wildfire of nuklear proliferation that not even Smokey the Bear could stop. Remember only YOU can prevent wildfires. Have a nice day : )

Signed, from Yugoslavia with Love
    General Klerikov

2. Stormbringer

Stormbringer The Brick and The Rose

OOC: Wow Cleric, the plans for peaceful and military production of nuclear power are easily available to any scientist. The trouble is not the plans, it is the execution of the plans.

3. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

I really need to stop using plans I come up when I'm intoxicated, well back to plan B then. I'm still sending it to everyone on the planet. My gift to the world. NPPs for everyone!

Wait a goddamn minute. I just executed the troubling part of plan. If I can do it, so can everyone else. And they'll have a head start.

Note to self: Stop using Klerikov as an inter-dimensional story character....too crazy.

4. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

President Persons Indecisions, Part One

(don't know why the picture doesn't work, Eh, don't care enough to play around with it)

Prologue

All throughout the Philippines, anti-Russian sentiment is always apparent. Russia was known to commonly to the Philippine's people as “the second tiger”, after Japan (due to their actions in the Philippines during WWII). Pretty much the country was divided into two sections:Communists and Anti-Russian People, with few in between. These flames launched their peak during the leak and subsequent investigation of Russian involvement in rebel forces in the Philippines. These flames were almost snuffed after the peaceful resolution of the communist insurgency. However, they were fueled due to two causes.

First was the return of the Communist Insurgency. Many theorized that Russian involvement was the cause of the unwanted return of violence. Of course there was no proof, still reporters and others speculated.

Secondly was the action Russia took in Yugoslavia. This war was far different than all others fought before to the people of the Philippines, as it was covered live by radio networks and the Philippine Government Sponsored (basically PBS) television network. Pictures that came in from the area completely overwhelmed the public of the Philippines and they saw it as an affront to democracy in the world.

Picture
    All around me small babies were crying, some wanting their bottles, others annoyed that Naushu stole their crayons; all normal, all “calm”. I looked over to the tables of small children that were quiet, then from behind me a small child pushed his picture in front of me. A stereotypical child picture, with a crudely drawn house and a stick figure family. I smiled for a very short while, as happiness quickly faded as I saw half the room go up in flames. I heard a loud sound, saw bright yellow and orange flames, then nothing. I was thrown back and must have blacked out; however when I came back, the small child was several feet. All around me, I saw children's bodies littered about the room amongst the remains of the classroom. The whole situation seemed surreal, as the side of the room I was thrown across to didn't seem to damaged, and I saw the digression of children pictures on the wall from perfectly fine, to slightly burnt, to scotched, to missing... with the wall.

My ears were ringing, however I could almost here a sound of rocket whizzing through the air, and I felt a tremor of what must have been another explosion on elsewhere in the school. It quickly occurred to me what was happening, a terrorist attack. However I didn't feel much anger at them at the time, as I was to busy finding out what happened to the students. My class had 31 students, I could only see 23, 8 of them, including the small child that had the picture, were clearly... dead. The surviving ones, fortunately, were only lightly harmed.

Within 4 or so minutes, Emergency Medical Personal arrived on the scene. I saw their lips moving however my ears where still ringing. I think they were directly me out of the room. I obliged. I later found out that 2 minutes after I left the roof of the room collapsed. Fortunately, all the students left by then. When I returned to the site later that day, I never could find the picture the child drew.

Dead News
    “As you can see behind me,” said a reporter in front of what must have used to be a car, “... and this is only one of many attacks here in Cebu today”. Almost all major public buildings in Cebu were hit by communist terrorist bombs, mortars, and rockets. Most ironically, the welfare district office was the worst hit, with half the building visibly missing. Craters seemed to scatter the ground around small village's government buildings. Towns popped into communist control all aroung the Viyashu (central) Islands. Obviously, the Philippines Army quickly stepped into action around the islands, killing tens of insurgent fighters and recapturing all the towns formally under the control of terrorists.

President Person was righteously stunned when he heard of this news. Immediately, he contacted the Joint chiefs. The President agreed with their assessment that the only way to avoid future attacks for the time being was to put the islands under military control. Soon, the streets of Cebu were crowded with 1941 US military Jeeps from World War II and other assorted old military vehicles. A region wide curfew was enacted to prevent further violence and help stabilize the region. Military Patrols went door to door searching for terrorist stockpiles, finding quite a few.

Web Site Updated (not expanded though, like I hoped I would have time for :( )-
    http://n1person.dynalias.org/Edition 1-1.htm

5. candaboy

candaboy Chieftain

The war started at 5:26am on a Tuesday with the bombing of Jordanian airfields. The attack started four minutes earlier then it should have because one young group leader caught a bit of a tail wind and arrived at the target early. The goal was to destroy every plane in Jordanian air force so they could not attack Israeli cities. The first wave was aimed Jordan, the second and third waves at Eygpt and Syria. Many planes of all three nations where destroyed as they where caught on the ground with bombs and gunfire. Israeli was lucky in that only a few of their planes where shot down.

The ground war started on time four minutes later with the firing of a single artillery piece. It acted as the signal for the whole front and within three seconds over 400 guns fired. Most where aimed 'time on target' at headquarters areas for the Jordanian army. Fifteen seconds later thirteen regiments, three divisions, two corps and an army were leaderless. This caused massive panic within the ranks, leaderless troops ran amuck in their staging areas. They were unable to coordinate their defense. Some troops managed to put up a good local defense however most were quickly overpowered.

The fighting for Jerusalem was the hardest. The local commander lived through the artillery barrage aimed at his home without a scratch and was therefore able to direct the Jordanians stationed in the city. These troops were some of the best Jordan had. However they could not stand up to the two Israeli Divisions that had the task of taking the city. By 10:30am the old city was taken and Israeli troops were mopping up the suburbs.

The General in charge of the corps was planning on pushing outwards from the city after the mopping up was done. He was ahead of schedule, and he wanted to keep it that way. However is plans had to change when he received word that the prime minister, Golda Meir, was coming to visit the old city. She was not a very religious lady but who cannot help but be moved by the Jews finally controlling their rightful capital. She arrived in an APC driven by a young soldier who was very nervous because of his VIP passenger.

When Golda dismounted the APC she was met by a crowd of soldiers, who, to a man, cheered for her on this great day. She turned and faced the crowd of soldiers and bowed. This set them to cheering again. She waved for them to be quit, when she finally had silence she lifted her head and addressed the soldiers. "You are the greatest people I have every had then chance to meet. Your commitment to duty has allowed Israel to achieve the unachievable. We returned to our homeland but were missing the most important part. You have won us that part back on this great day!" The crowd cheered like they had never cheered before, after five minutes Golda waved for them to be silent. When order finally returned she said "I promise you that your hardships were not invane. That the dead and the maimed of this war will be remembered for all time as the ones who returned what is rightfully ours to our people forever. As long as I have breath in this frail old body no one will take this city away from us! After the final cheering had died down, Golda asked the General to take her to the Holiest of Holies, the Wailing Wall and Temple Mount.

When she arrived she bent over and kissed it. She began to say her prayers. The general, who was not a religious man, joined her along with his staff. After she was through praying she walked up to the Temple Mount. It was not the first time that she had been there, however this time felt different because now it belonged to them.

She turned around to take in the view and started to cry. The General approached her and asked "What is wrong that makes you cry on this fantastic day?" She replied "Nothing is wrong but I can't help but think about all the young men I sent to their deaths to make this day happen.

6. Goober

Goober Turning Right ...

Ok, the Update and Stats are "done". I have yet to do bonusses. Given that it is apparently my Bday tomorrow, I am not gonna be on MSN tomorrow, but maybe Friday. I am not sure when Orders will be due, likely Monday ...

I will do Bonusses when I get time. If you have a problem with the Update or Stats, let me know.

7. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

Can I have an answer on my pm Goober?

8. candaboy

candaboy Chieftain

Raz Aaron was happy to be in the field with his reserve troops but today was not going well. The Egyptians had attacked the front lines at noon on the first day of the war and they were making some headway. The plan called for Israel to attack the Egyptian positions on the 6th day of the war but Raz had his doubts that it would happen because after three days of war the Egyptian army showed no signs of braking. If Israel could not hurt them enough now, while Israel had the advantage of being the defenders, they would not be able to advance as the plan called for. Tomorrow 400 tanks and 10,000 battle hardened troops were due to arrive from the

Jordanian front. Raz had heard that the fighting in Jordan had not gone exactly as planned in that Amman, the capital of Jordan, was not taken. But the Generals had said this did not really matter and that the fighting elsewhere needed the troops and tanks to help defend against Sryia and Eygpt.

Raz wondered if the Generals were making the right choice in not pushing on to take Amman, but he could not disagree that they could use the extra troops down here. His troops had not been committed to the fight yet but he could not help but think that they would be soon.

-------------------------------------------------

Ben-Ami Aaron was hot, tired, hungry and dirty. His unit had been fighting almost constantly since the Egyptians attacked. The arrival of 400 tanks and almost 10,000 troops from Jordan two days ago had helped to releave some of the pressure on his position but the Egyptians were still attacking relentlessly. Tomorrow was supposed to be the big day. The start of the attack on Egypt but Ben-Ami had strong doubts that it would happen. The attack on the Golan that was supposed to start yesterday did not happen and Ben-Ami did not know why. He feared that this was a huge mistake on the part of the Generals but there was nothing he could do.

Ben-Ami thought that both attacks should still happen. He had talk about this with his captain, and his captain had said that even if the general attack did not happen tomorrow their coronal was going to attack with his remaining tanks in the morning. Ben-Ami was not sure this was a good idea but if the boss wanted to do it, he would follow him.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ring. Ring. Went the door bell. Eliana Aaron was washing the dishes when the door bell rang. She put down her cloth and wiped her brow. She normally had no problem answering the door, but right now it was the last thing she wanted to do. It was not because she was busy, but because she had her husband and one son off fighting the Egyptians in the south.

When she turned the corner from the kitchen to the hallway she could see two men in uniform standing at the door. The shock hit her like a lightening bolt. She collapsed on the ground weeping uncontrollably. The men saw this and opened the door. As they ran to her she yelled "Get out of my house, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" over and over again. The two men paid her no attention. They picked her up and set her on the sofa. "Who is it?" she sobbed.

"It is your son."

--------------------------------------------------------

Raz Aaron held his wife close. The fighting had mostly died down so they had a few days together. They were saying goodbye to their son, Ben-Ami. He had been internedsome weeks ago but they had not had time for a proper funeral. In fact, neither of them had been there when the army interned him along with the other soldiers from his unit that were killed that day.

Raz had head the story of how it had happened. His son's coronal had attacked on the 6th day just like the plan had called for. The problem was his unit was the only one who followed the plan. The Generals had given orders that the plan had been changed and that the attack was not going to happen but the Coronal decided that they would attack anyway. Raz did not know what the Coronal was thinking trying to take on the whole Egyptian army by himself but allot of young men paid for his mistake.

9. candaboy

candaboy Chieftain

Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Goober,
    Happy birthday to you!

10. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

happy birthday goober dude man LMDSLKSMAD WOOOOO YEA BIRTHDAY YEA YEA TAKE THAT!!!1

11. The Farow

The Farow NESer

Happy Birthday Goober!!!!

From West Germany
    To USA

We congratulate you on your victory in space. You have filled the ITO with pride and confidence. We hope that you continue to break the boundaries of man and explore the new frontier of exploration and science. The West Germans are behind you 100%.

12. JosefStalinator

JosefStalinator Я буду снова здесь

13. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

Happy birthday to you
    You live in a zoo
    You smell like a monkey
    And look like one too

;) Happy birthday :D

14. Insane_Panda

Insane_Panda Deity

Yes, happy birthday! Perhaps storm shall give you some of his stockpiles of oil as a present ;)

15. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

16. tommy_toon

tommy_toon Emperor

Considering that Yugoslavia's been invaded, Vietnam's been united, and CSA/CAN has taken over Portugal and Spain's colonies, do you think we can get an updated map now?

17. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

the government of costa rica extends its regrets over the recent ecnomic collapse of uruguay. this can only be seen as a set back to all the economy of south america, and efforts must immediately be taken to help establish it's echonemy. to that effort, costa rica is pledging one eco's worth of aid toward uruguay, to help with this effort. we hope the other nations of south america and the world will also lend help toward this effort.

18. Alakazen

Alakazen Clostridium botulinum

The Caribbean Chronicle

March 15th, 1970

Swiss Banking in the Bahamas
    CaribBank, the partially-privatised offshore banking facility in Nassau was officially opened yesterday, despite having been established a year ago. As of today, the bank’s services will be opened to funds from all corners of the globe, although the majority of investments are expected to come from the Americas.

According to the bank director, Pantas Gonzales, CaribBank was established as part of the government’s Roquefort Plan that aimed to specialise the various economies in the Caribbean. It was decided that the construction of a facility implementing Swiss banking laws could succeed in attracting much-needed foreign dollars into the country. Nassau in the Bahamas was selected simply due to its proximity to the CSA, as well as for the existing amenities which facilitate the bank’s operations.

Clients of CaribBank can expect top-notch service and secrecy, unrivalled by all but the original Swiss banks.

Roquefort Free Zone Construction Going Smoothly
    Three years ago, a 400km2 area just outside of Port-au-Prince in West Hispaniola (former Haiti) was specified as the Roquefort Free Zone under the government’s Roquefort Plan. Progress in the Zone is currently at 75%; in another year, businesses can start moving in. However, early birds, especially those in the form of multinational conglomerates in the manufacturing sector, have grabbed the opportunity to set up their factories in the Caribbean at subsidised tax rates. These companies have had talks with the government allowing them to begin construction earlier, along with their own armies of contractors and developers (partially funded by the government) to build their factories.

The only catch was that 85% of all output in the Free Zone must be exported out of the Caribbean. Considering that corporate taxes are waived for up to 5 years, and that all construction work receives some sort of sponsorship from the government, it is no surprise that land in the Free Zone is an attractive investment for any international company.

First Batch of National Service Candidates Leave for Training!
    The National Service program, spearheaded by the Ministry of Defence, enters the second week of the candidates’ Basic Military Training course, which will last for another ten weeks. During this three month stint at the training camps, candidates will learn basic firearms handling, as well as unarmed combat, field strategy and tactics, and as much fundamental training as required to create a batch of Operationally Ready Combatants, that will act as an emergency supporting force to the Caribbean army.

The entire National Service course, however, is two years long. Candidates will be involved in much community service work during this period, although they will now and then return to their respective camps to continue honing their combat skills. The dual aim of the program is to cultivate generations of patriotic Caribbean men that are ready to die protecting the country, and at times of peace, serve the public interest.

Of course, if left to neglect, any blade will grow blunt. Hence, graduates of National Service must report to an army camp every year to undergo two weeks of reservice training so as not to lose their edge.

19. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

So who supports my Fair Trade intiative?

20. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

the Rebelion for Humanity does... if it helps any