Good Complete Edition Mods?

Lord Silverkey

Chieftain
So I've decided to finally start using mods for Civ 5 now that the complete edition is out and compatibility issues should stop.

I've been trying to find something nice to play with, but it seems that a lot of the mods don't seem to work with the complete edition and many don't even say what versions they're compatible with. :(

I'm getting tired of endlessly testing them out myself only to find that many don't work and I don't even like a lot of the ones that do. So I figured I'd come here and see which mods the wider Civ 5 community likes.

What mods would you recommend I try playing with?

For reference in Civ 4 some of my favorites were Legends of Revolution, Rise of Mankind, Fall From Heaven, and Realism Invictus.

Well, the ones I'm playing with (Keep in mind, I dont give a &*^# about victory conditions, I only play for fun and politics):
1. SuperPower Mod: -adds tons of stuffz, new luxuries, each luxury has different food/happiness/gold;
-two units per hex;
-Nuclear Winter (MAD doctrine ftw!);
-and many other epic things (of which, the AI acts logically from what I saw)
2. City State Diplomacy Mod: -adds a new way to gain influence on City States and many new resolutions in the world congress (This feature is the only one that I care about).
3. Quick Turns Mod: -Its only on steam workshop afaik, and its great to have in late game, it disables the movement of units of the AI except the ones that affect you (belonging to the AI) and your units aren't affected at all.
4. Ironman Mod: -quadruples research cost, making an entire 400 turns game into one era (I am at turn 300 and barely researched half of the ancient era.)
5. Red Modpack: -makes yo units small and many. Also different unit packs for all nations!

Remember: You need to disable CSD policies and other things. Visit the Communitas Mod Pack forum and they should have something along the lines of: How to make Communitas work with CSD and also, visit the CSD forum thread and scroll down until you reach 'How to make CSD work with Communitas'.

I tried Communitas. Was NOT impressed.
Super Power all the waaaaaaaaaaaay!

Well, the ones I'm playing with...

None of those are nearly as comprehensive as the ones OP listed, namely Legends of Revolution, Rise of Mankind, Fall From Heaven, and Realism Invictus.

Are mods of such scale even feasible with CiV?

None of those are nearly as comprehensive as the ones OP listed, namely Legends of Revolution, Rise of Mankind, Fall From Heaven, and Realism Invictus.

Are mods of such scale even feasible with CiV?

I never played those in Civ 4 so I can't tell of what scale those are.
But I did list the mods I use, so consider them a big pack. They are awesome and grant me a new Civilization 5 to play around.

i want to know some good suggestions ! Super power seems as a good choice ! However many are stating that Community patch project is worth trying and is a big project by many modders so it may have a bright future.

So I've decided to finally start using mods for Civ 5 now that the complete edition is out and compatibility issues should stop.

I've been trying to find something nice to play with, but it seems that a lot of the mods don't seem to work with the complete edition and many don't even say what versions they're compatible with. :(

I'm getting tired of endlessly testing them out myself only to find that many don't work and I don't even like a lot of the ones that do. So I figured I'd come here and see which mods the wider Civ 5 community likes.

What mods would you recommend I try playing with?

For reference in Civ 4 some of my favorites were Legends of Revolution, Rise of Mankind, Fall From Heaven, and Realism Invictus.

The Anno Domini mod by R8XFT looks good. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but it's on my to-do list.

I like various extra Civs, the ones by JFD are pretty food.
really advanced set up is really useful. Setting up games where a Civ ( eg the Huns) doesn't start with a settler but rather some war units can be pretty interesting. Alternatively, just starting with 3 settlers can make the early game much more fun for trying different strats.
Extended eras is also pretty good for enabling more time per era.
There are also Game of Thrones mods that change stuff a bit.

why not visit mods forum and look around? there are actually better mods then listed there.

Top Bottom