1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Good-Evil

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by apenpaap, Aug 22, 2009.

1. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

I don't have anything to do right now, so I figured: Hey why not sort all FFH civs from the most good to the most evil? So here's the list I came up with:
    1: Mercurians (Being angels who have come to Erebus to destroy all demons, I'd say they're the goodest civ)
    2: Bannor (Same as Mercurians, without being angels)
    3: Malakim
    4: Elohim
    5: Ljosalfar
    6: Kuriotates (If this was about real-world morality, they'd likely end up on the top of the list, but since it's about alignment, and they're a very pacifistic civ, I placed them pretty low)
    7: Luchuirp
    8: Amurites (I think they'd side with good much easier then evil)
    9: Khazad
    10: Lanun (Though they follow Octopus Overlords I still placed them pretty high on the list because they are generally on theside of the good civs in the scenarios)
    11: Grigori (I consider them the most neutral of all civs)
    12: Hippus (Being mercenaries they're pretty neutral, but I placed them lower because I think evil civs are more likely to hire mercenaries then good ones)
    13: Sidar (They make themselves immortal through weird freaky stuff, so I consider them the evilest neutral civ)
    14: Svartalfar
    15: Doviello (They're evil, but they don't do stuff like demons, making them a pretty light-weight evil civ)
    16: Clan of Embers (Same as Doviello, but being orcs I consider them more evil)
    17: Balseraphs
    18: Clabim
    19: Illians (They're trying to return the Age of Ice, so I put them as the second most evil mortal civ)
    20: Sheaim (They're trying to destroy the world)
    21: Infernals (They're demons trying to transform Earth into Hell, so IMO they qualify for most evil)

2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Doing it with the leaders, not civs, would be more exact, although that's already done in Broader Alignments.

3. FireBlaze

FireBlaze Chieftain

Might want to consider delving a bit deeper into the lore. Mercurians can be just as evil as the Infernals sometimes.

4. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

^I don't mean real-world morality, I mean the alignment of the different civs.

5. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

Here's a Kael post that I found and liked on this subject:

6. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Yeah, but Cassiel still sees him and Hyborem as essentially the same, and views the spectrum of fanaticism in good or evil as doubling back upon itself.

I'd make the Calabim more evil than that. They consume their victim's very souls, purely for personal gain. They may not deal with demons, but I think that could actually make them be considered even more evil, as they chose the path of darkness from their own free will, without manipulation by beings created to be evil or by gods whose fallen precepts don't give them much choice but to stay evil.

I'd probably make the Clan more evil, as they revere Bhall, the consort of Agares, and the goddess who has inspired the demon lords to seek to destroy Erebus again.

I might consider the Sheaim even more evil than the Infernals, although it it rather close. I tend to think that Ceridwen is really the most evil deity and the power behind the throne, while Agares is mostly just a figurehead who is allowed to think he is in charge. I tend to think his despair has been getting deeper, and would have pretty much incapacitated him and his demons had not Bhall fallen and invigorated his followers.

Auric may want to become a god and return the world to the Age of Ice, and be willing to commit atrocities to attain that goal, but the Illians as a whole aren't all that bad. Mulcarn was the least evil of the evil gods. I get the impression that many Illians, especially those from the more remote villages, were quite willing to move on in the next age and would only fight defensively. Perhaps I shouldn't mention this, but in Ashes of Brigdarrow it is shown that the Illian village where Auric was raised worshiped Danalin. No, they didn't follow the insanely evil Overlords, they stuck to the very kindly, very neutral, and currently sleeping God of Water, and spoke highly of the virtues of Trenton Majosi (the Aifon who traveled the world to find a way to save his people, helping save many others in the process, and who when he found a way refused to ritual to summon his god lest he start another godswar). Also, the people (or at least the children) of Brigdarrow seem not to have had any enmity with the Ljosalfar, even though Mulcarn had killed the elves' god and the Nature and Ice spheres are opposed.

Similarly, the Doviello tribe where Saverous was raised revered Kilmorph instead of Camulos, and were rather neutral.

Falamar is a pretty good guy, but Hannah is rather evil, so the pirate civ in general would probably be more on the evil side.

I'd place the Elohim higher, and the Ljosalfar lower.

Note that the Kuriotates aren't exactly what we would consider good. It may be an enlightened despotism, but the king's power is absolute. They can be as harsh as the Bannor, and this harshness is left entirely to the judgment of one man (well, child/dragon) rather than a code of laws. If this boy was not supernaturally wise, this would quickly degenerate into the worst tyranny in the Erebus.

The Khazad should be more good than the Amurites.

Even without being hired, the Hippus have a logn history of robbery and persecuting the hard working Khazad.

7. Opera

Opera Chieftain

Balseraphs are weirdly evil. I think they're more "funny evil" than... well, "evil evil" :D
    And I believe Svarts aren't much more evil than Sidar or Hippus. Faeryl may be, though.

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

I see the Svartalfar as being a bit more arrogant and elitist to outsiders. But I do think that they treat themselves rather well, although there might be some exciting backstabbin' going on among the higher circles in the court. As a human on Erebus, I'd avoid contact with the Svartalfar, but I think that the life of your average dark-elf-on-the-street can be quite OK.

9. Soda7777777

Soda7777777 Chieftain

The Balseraphs are more of a Dark Knight joker like evil. They don't what they do because they view it as evil, they just do it because they're insane.

10. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points