1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

good + lvl 15 but cant get brigit any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by ash874, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ash874

ash874 Warlord

maybe its because i play with the clan..?

2. Kael

Kael Deity

Yeah, oddly you have to be at war with her in order to "capture" her. Since you are at peace with the barbs you aren't able to do it. Hmm.. its a side effect of the way Brigit is implemented. I could probably drop HN on her so that everyone is at war with her.

3. DioBrando

DioBrando Warlord

Or make the placeholder "Animal" or something like that.

4. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

hidden nationality seems the best way to go.

5. cabbagemeister

cabbagemeister Please wait...

So what happens when someone uses Revelation nearby?

6. PekkaR

PekkaR Chieftain

Having your ally kill Brigit next turn if you don't remember to use the new Reveal could be funny too.

7. someone67

someone67 Warlord

Animals are HN.

8. cvlowe

cvlowe King

Yes! A HN str 15 creature to harrass allies and enemies alike :)

9. Emptiness

Emptiness []

The process of freeing Brigit involves destroying the one you see on the map and then creating a new one. The new one created would not be HN, so no need to worry about losing her to an ally (or exploiting her HN status to smack around an ally, for that matter).

10. DioBrando

DioBrando Warlord

Ah, i thought they used invisible civs for the animals/barbs, just like in FF

11. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

If you give her HN then a Vicar could remove it. It would be better to make her <AlwaysHostile>1. I don't think promotions can do this yet, but the tag for units was added in BtS and so making Brigit_held have this would be quite easy.

(HN unit also can't attack actual allies, just rivals on other teams.)

I personally would prefer just removing Brigit_held and creating Brigit via a <PythonOnMove> call

12. Tyrs

Tyrs King

yeah, but then you wouldn't know if she had been freed yet or not. And in regards to a hidden nationality version of her dying, she is immortal, so even death isn't a huge deal.

13. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Sure you would; the Ring of Carcer is destroyed when you free her.

The HN Brigit_held is not immortal, and even if it was as a barbarian it would have no capital in which to be reborn (except in FF, where she would reappear where she was first created, but then only if that tile isn't occupied by an enemy). There is no reason why Brigit should be HN or Always Hostile just because Brigit_held is.

I recently discovered a major exploit with the Dimensional III spell in my version, Summon Tesseract, which creates an ICBM-like transport summon. The summon is able to move directly to any tile on the map (except those too close to friendly units and cities), which lets it ignore the level requirement and free Brigit immediately. I'm not sure how to stop that while keeping this really cool spell capable of transporting a small stack completely across the map to the tile of your choice. Edit: Now that I think of it, making the unit bOnlyDefensive might work, but only if I keep the Brigit_held unit.

14. ash874

ash874 Warlord

thanks....

15. Humakty

Humakty Happy Goblin

@MC : You make me think about those remorseless medieval tortionary, always letting you hope there is an end to the tunnel .....

16. Honor

Honor Immortal

MC, why don't you work with the folks at FF? FF could use some of your ideas and we wouldn't have to choose between two really cool modmods to play when you release yours.

17. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I'm just reminded of something neat in FF.

FFH has always had a great Sage named Magister Cultuum.
    In FF, all great people get a picture and a little background info about them, when their created. MC's entry says (approximately, not exactly quoted)

18. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

There's a lot of little tributes to mod/community leaders in both mods. It's cool - though I had to pull all the Monty Python references out for Fall Flat.