Good reasons why Brazil, China, Egypt, France, and India are not in the press build

God of Kings

Ruler of all heads of state
I am curious to know why Brazil, China, Egypt, France, and India are absent in the press build. We obviously know why Sumeria, Arabia, Russia, and Greece under Gorgo are absent (they were revealed after the was lifted). Aztecs are absent because they are a special type of DLC that is available to those who pre-ordered the game, as well as everyone else after 90 days since release.

Perhaps the mechanics were off.

Last edited:
I was just speculating in the France thread that it may not be in the press build because Tourism hasn't been attached to Wonders yet. And since France has a big portion of its UA revolving around Wonder Tourism, it would make it seem broken.

China may be left out because it would be difficult to depict seven builders on a tile at the time (base three + Qin Shi Huang's LUA + Pyramids + two from certain policy cards).

It would also be difficult to depict layered Great Walls as well (due to expanding borders).

China may be left out because it would be difficult to depict six builders on a tile at the time (base three + Qin Shi Huang's LUA + two from certain policy cards).

It would also be difficult to depict layered Great Walls as well (due to expanding borders).
Seven if you build the Pyramids. That's a crowded tile. :lol:

I've been wondering a little about the wall myself, but I was under the impression you could only build one, and it had to be a line starting on an edge of your empire and that you can expand past the wall but not build a second one. Meaning you could expand past it later, just not plant a second one.

I've been wondering a little about the wall myself, but I was under the impression you could only build one, and it had to be a line starting on an edge of your empire and that you can expand past the wall but not build a second one. Meaning you could expand past it later, just not plant a second one.
The wall can only be built on the border of your empire, but if the border shifts, then can the wall continue, despite no longer being at the border?

The wall can only be built on the border of your empire, but if the border shifts, then can the wall continue, despite no longer being at the border?
Each section of the wall have to be built on the border. Previous sections don't matter.

You've got the extra builder charges, you build the wall sections on your borders, then as you need you replace them with other improvements/districts or wonders. This could be a better use of space.

You've got the extra builder charges, you build the wall sections on your borders, then as you need you replace them with other improvements/districts or wonders. This could be a better use of space.
Building significant amount of improvements for later replacement is surely a waste, especially considering growing builder cost.

Building significant amount of improvements for later replacement is surely a waste, especially considering growing builder cost.

Combine that with China wanting to use builds to rush wonders, and it does really become a choice between building the Wall or building wonders. Unless they get a desert tile where they can build the Pyramids to give them the extra build. hence why I don't rate their UI that high.

Combine that with China wanting to use builds to rush wonders, and it does really become a choice between building the Wall or building wonders. Unless they get a desert tile where they can build the Pyramids to give them the extra build. hence why I don't rate their UI that high.
Well, their UI has really great output on top of defensive bonuses... But you still need to think its placement very carefully.

I'm guessing you don't have to work it to get the defensive bonuses?...or do you? You certainly shouldn't get the other bonuses if said tile isn't being worked.

Top Bottom