1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Goods Factories hitler 1936

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by SoldierCrush, Aug 5, 2008.

1. SoldierCrush

SoldierCrush Chieftain

Started the 1939 hitler scenario with RTW GOLD

There are no goods factories in any city, which means i cant build vehicle factories, which means I cant build tanks. Is Gold edition only made for 1936, what am i missing?

2. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Okay:

1. 1936 or 1939?
    2. Secondly, Civ IV Gold doesn't include BtS so I don't know what you are referring to???
    3. I checked all three Hitler maps, and all have Germany with Goods Factories.

3. SoldierCrush

SoldierCrush Chieftain

Im sorry Dale, I dont mean to be a retard.

I had no idea RTW is not BTS

Maybe I am doiong something wrong

I am pretty confused. ATM Ill have to double check wtf I am doing.

4. SoldierCrush

SoldierCrush Chieftain

Ok this is soo basic,

But I load a mod Roat to war

I go to play the game germany 1936 the very first choice, i go to every german city and none of them can make tanks.

Ther are like 5 germany scenarios all around this game but I am loading the MOD ROAD TO WAR

what the ehck am i doing wrong.

Should I be installing this mod NOT int he BTS mods directory?

5. SoldierCrush

SoldierCrush Chieftain

ya i bought civ IV gold and also the RTW expansion pack--60 bucks

I was referring to RTW Ultimate the one you released a day or two ago Ijust got he nems confused GOld-Ultimate excuse me :)

6. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Okay so let me get this straight. :)

You have Civ4 Gold + Beyond the Sword?

Beyond the Sword has RtW RETAIL.
    You've downloaded RtW Ultimate Edition from the thread in this forum.
    You followed the install instructions (delete Road to War folder and unzip the new file to Mods directory). to create the new Road to War folder.
    Start up RtW Mod, select 1936 Europe (Hitler) and select Germany/Hitler to play.

Right so far? :)

Okay, tanks are not buildable with Goods Factory. You need a Vehicle Factory + OIL to build tanks, which requires IRON + Goods Factory. All German cities begin the scenario with Goods Factories, and Germany has Iron, so you need to build vehicle factories to build tanks. :)

7. Clammo

Clammo Chieftain

I'm having what I think is a similair problem, I'm playing as the British in the Pacific (1936). I have access to iron and oil, yet cannot build a goods factory in many cities to enable me to build things like naval factories, etc.

I'm on version 1.1 of the ultimate edition if that makes a difference (followed the installation instructions no problem).

I'm guessing it's something obvious that I'm not doing, but at a bit of a loss as to what it is. Any ideas please?

8. Chamboozer

Chamboozer Chieftain

I don't think you can build goods factories in Historical mode.

9. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Correct, you can't build goods factories in historical mode.

10. Fagan

Fagan Chieftain

You should explain the good factory thing in some way in-game otherwise each newbie will feel it as a bug.

Nope don't expect anybody read any readme file nor any popup dialog. All user know readme files aren't made to be read and that it's useless to read because they are smart enough to use the thing. And for any popup dialog, they all know, no need to read anything, too long to read or impossible to understand so just click "ok" and go on! :D

11. VeteranLurker

VeteranLurker Chieftain

Perhaps include a note about goods factories on the screen where you choose Historical/Random/Open Mode?

12. Clammo

Clammo Chieftain

Ah thanks Chamboozer & Dale, that explains it.