Google Earth Civilization 2.0.0 coming soon

I'd like to ask what version of GE you're using, there may well be unchecked options in your picture but the picture seems different to what I use.

There is a limitation on the territorial map; the way that the polygon is setup, each map needs to represent one continuous mainland, that is a single continuous part of land which is accepted as the nation. There are a few obvious exceptions to this rule, but generally any landmass owned by a civ but is not connected to the mainland by land is listed in the layer as a possession with a label; it has no icon but is a transparent title that hovers over the land. Usually these include islands and atolls, colonies and rarely regions of land taken through conquest.

[Update] I've downloaded the zip from CFC and got GE to work it, I found no problems at all. It's possible there may be a computer problem on your end.

My GoogleEarth version is 6.2.2.6613...must be the latest, I guess. Installed it after I found this thread here.
I haven't dealt with GoogleEarth before, so I guess it's pretty safe that the problem is in my configuration...and I even don't have an idea where to look :blush:. -> Any idea what could affect this?

There is a limitation on the territorial map; the way that the polygon is setup, each map needs to represent one continuous mainland, that is a single continuous part of land which is accepted as the nation.

Ah, guessed something like that.
Not that nice (Google, fix that :D), but your solution seems to be good :).

Ah, I see. Well I can help you with the basics of the program and the layer setup, but I can't think of a reason why you have the problem you have. From what I see the plots and possibly the labels are right, but the map has shrunk. I've got no idea why that would happen.

Not exactly shrunk...the layer just doesn't scale somehow when you zoom.

It does not seem to be that far off if you're zoomed out:
Spoiler :

but gets worse if you zoom in:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• GE1.jpg
    GE1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 735
  • GE2.jpg
    GE2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 532
I have thought about it. Originally from the first iteration I left out the Manhattan Project because there wasn't a physical presence, ie building, I could use for the plot. But as I started updating I thought of older wonders to place into the layers, like Copernicus' Observatory and Bach's Cathedral.
I'll do research into the project and consider adding it.

A new week, a new layer! :)

Google Civilization 2.0.0 - Chinese Layer

One new plot has been added to the Chinese layer, the Porcelain Tower, the lost wonder of China. Apart from that and the better map little else has changed, only the colours. I'm also thinking about sending a collection folder, so people can compile all the layers as they come through, adding a key to all the different plots.

Next week, to celebrate the arrival of Gods and Kings on Tuesday and Friday - Wednesday and Friday for me at this end :p - I'll put up two new layers. Wow, only two weeks to go. Awesome!

:thumbsup: looks good again.
Any possibility to assign more than one point to the chinese wall? Maybe a thin layer, like a line, could be done.
The Zonqquo layer part somehow doesn't work for me :dunno:.

I have the usual problem, as before.
Would be good if someone else could check if it appears for him/her too. I mean, I don't care if it's only for me, but if more people experience it, then it's a problem.

Any possibility to assign more than one point to the chinese wall? Maybe a thin layer, like a line, could be done.
The Zonqquo layer part somehow doesn't work for me :dunno:.

I have the usual problem, as before.
Would be good if someone else could check if it appears for him/her too. I mean, I don't care if it's only for me, but if more people experience it, then it's a problem.

Hmm, I don't know. I went for that shot for as much wall as I could. I am thinking about adding lines in the next update to introduce new wonders with paths, like Magellen's Voyage or Polo's Embasssy. But I don't think it's right to put a line across the wall.
I agree completely, I got a few downloaded but not a lot of comments so I really don't know how the problem has gone.

Yea, I know I'm late, but, well, I have a good reason...
I was playing Gods and Kings! :D As I'm sure everyone else was. ;)

Google Civilization 2.0.0 - English Layer

Before I continue, it says it in the description, but this layer is updated only to Civilization V, not the Gods and Kings expansion. Do not expect; the Uluru plot - that will come out in a later update, or the information to be accurate according to Gods and Kings - I'm going through the process of adding new plots to layers already complete and those posted on CFC.

Tomorrow I promise to be on time for the extra layer. :blush:

Not sure what the difference is, but this time it looks for me like it should :goodjob:.

First thought when going through the added things: "What, Great Barrier Reef?", but yeah, England is the closest civ to attach it to.

Yea, well when Firaxis releases an Australia civ I'll change it. :p
I had the Moai Statues listed as Incan before Civ5, that has changed now.
Also, another guy has chatted with me on Steam, the polygons seem to work fine, so it might be your computer. Don't ask me though, I barely understand my own box. :blush:

Yea, well when Firaxis releases an Australia civ I'll change it. :p
I had the Moai Statues listed as Incan before Civ5, that has changed now.
Also, another guy has chatted with me on Steam, the polygons seem to work fine, so it might be your computer. Don't ask me though, I barely understand my own box. :blush:

Another guy? :(

:D

Great work mate, I look forward to the rest. Perhaps a 'nomads' layer - for stuff like the GBR that doesn't match any existing civilization?

Another guy? :(

Aw, did I hurt your pride? :p :lol:

I've got heaps of these to keep going on, after the civs I have to fix up the city-states, and I included old city-states before they were taken down for DLCs, and then the Civ4Col polygons and plots to work on, well just one plot; and that's if no new DLC's or other content is added any time soon.
:crazyeye:

Maybe I should make it every Saturday. :p

Google Civilization 2.0.0 - Japanese Layer

That's the first five layers done. Yaaaaaaaaay!
And such.

I am also dedicating a little time to update the plots and add new plots for the new Gods and Kings info. This release will be known as;

Google Civilization 2.1.0 - Doves and Leaderheads. :D

There's a slight C&P mistake at the beginning of the description in the database (says England instead of Japan).

I guess the parts in China come from the biggest expansion on the continent during some wars, correct?

This map somehow shows how much the developers neglected Japan (besides the Civ itself). Civ5 is the first Civ which has a japanese wonder...which is quite surprising for such an important civilization (IMHO).
Nice, had never noticed that :).

Ah, okay. I'll fix that.

Yea, as you go down Asia you see where exactly Japanese occupation was during the Russo-Japanese War and World War II.
Just on a whim I'm reading a book on World War I, fascinating stuff. Being here you only learn about Gallipoli and Fromelles, with this book I get a much better understanding about the whole ordeal, even the fact that no one is entirely certain why it happened. Seriously if you haven't had a chance to find a book about it.

I'm just as surprised to see a Japanese wonder. Back during Civ3 I was foolish enough to think the Forbidden Palace was from Japan, but that was because since it was in Civ3 it must have a wonder. Good thing I do my research. ;)
And there are a lot of civs without wonders, of course. But this new iteration is becoming more and more interesting. For the first time two civs have two capital cities. :eek: And Petra is going to be fun, I'm weighing up exactly how and where to put it in.

Top Bottom