Google is awsome today

You know, I don't know why I bother.

You like Mario, fine. More power to you.

But I'm not going to give your opinions the weight of the word of God. I like Sonic better, and that will never change. I also like Klonoa better than Pac-Man by a far margin; I'd prefer the former as Namco's guy.

If you don't like it, well, tough cookies.

I will still be advocating Hedgehog Day for Google.

He doesn't "like" Mario. As a game programmer he's informing you that virtually all Mario games were/are better than Sonic game.

His opinion is based on expertise, and thus it is worth more than your opinion which is derived from a paraphilia.

He doesn't "like" Mario. As a game programmer he's informing you that virtually all Mario games were/are better than Sonic game.

My friend - who is a Mario fan - once defended a stupid gamer's critique of Sonic by saying, "How can you compare Sonic to Call of Duty?" Meaning, the programming and design means nothing.

His opinion is based on expertise,

Expertise that really isn't relevant. Relevant to maybe the quality of design, but not to the quality of games themselves.

I don't think programmers/designers know crap about such things as stories or concept art, which are just as much a part of the game as the actual rendering and inner workings.

Even though classic fans have a fetish with getting rid of the former.

<ignorant stereotypes>

:rolleyes:

Yes. I had a sexual fetish for a furry character ages before I hit puberty.

That makes complete sense.

I suggest you read Ask a Furry if you ever get the time.

I'll just submit that SA2 was the highest-selling Sonic game, and highly-rated, and SA2B was similarly high-selling, and became a Greatest Hits game for the GameCube. That's the basis of my opinions on this matter. Programmers, Classic Junkies, etc. can all take a hike with their bull.

I suppose. But Mario pwns sonic on every level. Game design, storytelling, graphics (after the Saturn fiasco), level design, etc.

That's a stupid metric. But if you're going to use it, Mario has sold a total of 222 million games, while Sonic has sold barely 70 million. Hell, according to your logic, Madden is a superior game to Sonic. Why do you hate Sonic?

I suppose. But Mario pwns sonic on every level. Game design, storytelling, graphics (after the Saturn fiasco), level design, etc.

Opinion. Opinion. Opinion. The distinction between fact and opinion is a simple one, and I'm sure you know it. My opinion is Sonic is better, and since I've played those games since childhood while Mario rotted in a corner, arguing isn't going to change anything.

That's a stupid metric. But if you're going to use it, Mario has sold a total of 222 million games, while Sonic has sold barely 70 million. Hell, according to your logic, Madden is a superior game to Sonic. Why do you hate Sonic?

You act as if that's something new to me. I already knew, and I don't care about the escapades of the fat Italian plumber; people can like him if they want.

It's not so much a metric to demonstrate Sonic's superiority to anyone(that's an opinion and unlike some people, I don't pass my opinions off as the god-given facts), but a means of shutting those annoying old school people up. "Wahhh! Genesis was so much better! Shadow sucks! 3D gameplay sucks! Wahhh!" Sales say otherwise. They can take a hike.

And if they don't like it, they can take their money elsewhere.

Never mind the fact they're ungrateful. Sega finally decided to give them what they wanted - a 2D game - but noooo, it's not good enough because Sonic isn't in perfect 2D and his eye color isn't brown. Geez. I don't get why Sega tries. Well, other than the money. These suckers keep buying the games despite saying how much they hate them... talk about misplaced priorities. :crazyeye:

I will admit Classic junkies are a good market, however, and I do hope Sega develops a side-series to give them a pacifier to suck on so they'll stop disrupting my enjoyment of the rest of the series.

And who knows! Maybe this will surge Sonic's popularity enough to win him a seat on the Google Council.

Yikes! I detect anger!

You are wrong though.

Mario > Sonic

Yikes! I detect anger!

Yeah... sorry. I get overly-defensive of my blue hedgie at times. :undecide: Even if I prefer the black one.

I just also tend to dislike people who seem to argue for no reason besides arguing. :p And by dislike, I mean, they look tasty, and by they look tasty, I mean I eat them. :3

You are wrong though.

Mario > Sonic

I personally think Mario and Sonic are close friends who have a drink together all the time. Then they plan eachother's games.

This explains why in the modern age, they tend to go oh so wrong. Mario must have had some high quality stuff to think of inserting bestiality into Sonic 06.

And then they decided to get together in one game after another just for kicks.

I dunno. I'm just trying to make up for being overly hostile at times.

They shall unite and take Google by storm.

You act as if that's something new to me. I already knew, and I don't care about the escapades of the fat Italian plumber; people can like him if they want.

It's not so much a metric to demonstrate Sonic's superiority to anyone(that's an opinion and unlike some people, I don't pass my opinions off as the god-given facts), but a means of shutting those annoying old school people up. "Wahhh! Genesis was so much better! Shadow sucks! 3D gameplay sucks! Wahhh!" Sales say otherwise. They can take a hike.

And if they don't like it, they can take their money elsewhere.

Never mind the fact they're ungrateful. Sega finally decided to give them what they wanted - a 2D game - but noooo, it's not good enough because Sonic isn't in perfect 2D and his eye color isn't brown. Geez. I don't get why Sega tries. Well, other than the money. These suckers keep buying the games despite saying how much they hate them... talk about misplaced priorities. :crazyeye:

I will admit Classic junkies are a good market, however, and I do hope Sega develops a side-series to give them a pacifier to suck on so they'll stop disrupting my enjoyment of the rest of the series.

And who knows! Maybe this will surge Sonic's popularity enough to win him a seat on the Google Council.

What the hell are you talking about?

What the hell are you talking about?

It started as a retort to the idea I use the statistics to say Sonic's better than anybody else, and then it gradually drifted into... enthusiasm and rambling of some sort. :dunno:

Happens a lot with me when things I'm passionate about are involved.

Moderator Action: Keep it civil, guys...

I was at school today going to look up things and i saw this :D, in computer apps class.. so i basically spent the whole class on google :D Lol

Mario games are better than Sonic games. It's no contest. You could possibly argue that they were equal until the release of the N64, although I'd disagree, but from Super Mario 64 onwards there's absolutely no doubt which is better.

Too bad I suck at Pac-Man. :(

I grew up with both Mario and Sonic games, so I think my opinion qualifies. And the fact is, and this is not just my pseudo-professional opinion, but sheer naked FACT, that Mario is better than Sonic by any metric.

Top Bottom