Prefer Google or Bing?

• GOOGLE

Votes: 54 96.4%
  • BING

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

Lord_Herobrine

Back in the Saddle
Well, the title pretty much says it all. Im a Googler myself :)

Google, though they've banned me from G+.

Oddly, both Bing and Google maps place my home miles from it's actual location and in opposite directions from each other. :crazyeye:

I don't even know what Bing is....

GOOGLE!! Because of our über slow school computers are using bing :p Looks like Google is beting bing: 13-0

Neither, for privacy reasons (yes, I'm one of those weird people who still care about things like that...). Startpage.com use google, though, so I guess technically it's still google.

BOTH.

I really enjoy Bing's daily photo. But I usually prefer the layout of Google's search results and their occasional doodle. My homepage is Bing but my searches are usually Google. So I guess I have to vote Google for now.

@Pangea - I have surrendered to the information age. I still try and maintain some borders but resistance is futile. :assimilate:

Both, objective testing shows their search results to be largely of comparable quality.

In my experience, Google is sometimes better about ordering the best results (ie. giving me the exact stackoverflow thread I'm looking for as the first result, while Bing will order somewhat less relevant things first.) But then Google ruins it by filling the entire first page with crap from Yummly (when I search for food) or Youtube (randomly).

I use Google, but you should have put an other category for people who use Yahoo! or something else.

Both, objective testing shows their search results to be largely of comparable quality.

In my experience, Google is sometimes better about ordering the best results (ie. giving me the exact stackoverflow thread I'm looking for as the first result, while Bing will order somewhat less relevant things first.) But then Google ruins it by filling the entire first page with crap from Yummly (when I search for food) or Youtube (randomly).

Not surprising since Google is ever-more tilting their results to give bigger and older sites(brand names like companies) better search results. I get Wiki all the time now and more amazon and youtube also. Search quality has deteriorated over the last 2 years.

Bing's main issue is that their spidering and updating of sites takes forever.

It is my experience that google's results are much better* than bing's. Though I admit I haven't tried bing in a year or two.

*better is defined here as returning results more relevant to what I was searching for.

Top Bottom