Bird's article doesn't even give the worst quote on the topic:

“This isn’t that complicated guys, unlock American energy, drill, frack, burn coal, embrace nuclear,” Ramaswamy said--the "burn coal" being his deliberate oneupsmanship over a mere "drill, baby, drill."

Nikki Haley, the former South Carolina governor and United Nations ambassador under Mr. Trump, sought to reset the conversation.
“Is climate change real?” she said. “Yes, it is. But if you want to go and really change the environment, then we need to start telling China and India that they have to lower their emissions.”

We actually can't stop it on our own. And she didn't say we should totes do nothing, unless you have a different quote.
I guess she did say we should tell China & India to go be leaders on the issue, then we'd presumably(?) do something. So, sure... not technically do nothing, just go yell at clouds I suppose.

No, that's not how you read that either. But ebonics, something something, hard to understand?

You've got a GOP candidate(who will lose), acknowledging climate change, on stage, to R primary voters... also acknowledging America's limits and the longest term problems on the issue... no mention of "doing nothing about our outsized contribution" in a multipolar world, and you guys have a problem with that being low?

:lol::lol:

Well, just so you know who your shady ******s are. Unless you got a different quote?

Last edited:
No, that's not how you read that either. But ebonics, something something, hard to understand?

If you think Haley as President would take any action whatever on climate change I have a bridge to sell you.

She will probably take measures that accelerate climate change and brand them as solutions to climate change, I'll give you that.

Shady shady.

Shady shady.

If you want to support Haley or any other GOP candidate do so, I don't mind, but you don't have to lie to yourself or others about what that support entails. The GOP is the party for people who believe in accelerating or at best doing nothing about climate change. The Democrats are the party for people who believe in taking some action even if it's pathetically insufficient action.

I know this cuts against the whole "both sides are bad mmkay" thing but them's the facts

No, I want you to come up with a quote that doesn't say exactly the opposite of what's being argued. The audience talked to matters for the tone used, which is utterly confusing often enough, it would seem. Pretty basic, but not political doublespeak, so it might be out of range for this... community of souls? At least when it pertains to shady ******s.

No, I want you to come up with a quote that doesn't say exactly the opposite of what's being argued.

A spokesman for her campaign said she would withdraw from the Paris Agreement again, lift the Biden administration’s restrictions on oil and gas production, eliminate subsidies for renewable energy, and cancel proposed regulations on power plants and vehicle emissions.

But she said it's real and deflected blame to India and China, that means she's serious bro, trust me bro

That's better. Still not a quote by her, but the presidential campaign is just getting underway. Anything said on a national stage instead of by bureaucrats in party bowels? We might yet get as good as Biden on Tough on Crime.

I'm not going to lie, though, I read what ya'll misquoted to make a point. That's going to stick longer than Haley's presidential campaign loss. It should. Sort of like the takeaway of using FDR's programs on trade, undone by Congress like FDR and his SCOTUS. Damn co-equal branches. That conversation stuck too.

I read what ya'll misquoted to make a point.

No one's misquoted anything, you are simply mistaken if you're interpreting her deflection to China and India as a promise to take multilateral action or whatever it is you're trying to imply.

<Price is Right tuba>

Don't sleep on Ramaswamy's deflection either, though. He prefaced it by saying he's the only person on stage who's not "bought and paid for." And one wonders: 1) who "buys and pays for" people who do regard climate change as real, Big Battery? and 2) which of the other people on stage are "bought and paid for" by any entity seeking to address climate change.

"Bought and paid for" rankled everyone on stage, and became cringey later, when it was applied to Tim Scott.

Don't sleep on Ramaswamy's deflection either, though. He prefaced it by saying he's the only person on stage who's not "bought and paid for." And one wonders: 1) who "buys and pays for" people who do regard climate change as real, Big Battery? and 2) which of the other people on stage are "bought and paid for" by any entity seeking to address climate change.

"Bought and paid for" rankled everyone on stage, and became cringey later, when it was applied to Tim Scott.

Vivek's position is the center of gravity in the GOP. Not for nothing is Haley going to lose the primary badly.

I think my previous assessment that rankled you was prophetic, Gori.

Vivek's position is the center of gravity in the GOP. Not for nothing is Haley going to lose the primary badly.
Most of them are running for 2nd place anyway, even if they haven't realised it. Vivek is ideally situated to become Trump's VP.

Most of them are running for 2nd place anyway, even if they haven't realised it. Vivek is ideally situated to become Trump's VP.

I've noted this before but I do not believe Trump will choose a running mate from among his primary opponents. Some might end up in the cabinet though.

Vivek is the best Trump alternative

This is going to be the most fun primary of our lives.

Hard to find the full video. :(

Here at the top of this link is the 1st 2024 Republican primary debate from yesterday in Milwaukee.
Make sure to turn on the sound in the bottom right corner of the screen.

And here is the Trump interview from Tucker on Twitter that aired before/during? the Republican debate.

Top Bottom