GOP Announces Convention Theme “We Built This”

Ziggy Stardust

Absolutely Sane
In Stadium Built With 62% Government Funds.

Apparently rejecting a more controversial “You Didn’t Really Get Raped, Pregnant Lady” theme for its 2012 convention, the GOP has announced that its Tuesday night session will be themed “We Built This!” The sentiment serves as both a celebration of American entrepreneurship and an attack on President Obama’s previous comments to business owners. President Obama received criticism over his remark, “Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you [business owners] to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

Please tell me they are having a Starship dance party.

Nice how they have to take something out of context to make an issue of it. Even in something like this they fail to find an actual issue to rally behind.

It would be cool if they could get the motivation to "build, create, learn, grow" into the Republican base. "Put down the remote and the fried food, and improve something"

So where did these government funds come from? Mystically appeared?

Paul Ryan also attended a state university and has worked for the govt for virtually his entire career.

Does someone what to quote Romney or Paul advocating the abolishment of government? No? Damn.

Does someone want to quote Romney or Paul advocating the abolishment of government? No? Damn.
Which makes the criticism on Obama's speech, and the tag-line "We Built This" all the more comical doesn't it?

I can see your point mind you. With regard to government aiding business doing business both the Bamster and the Romster have said similar things. The divide created by both administrations in campaign mode is one which originates in cherry picking quotes and creating a divide because they see this beneficial to their own campaign.

And I for one feel such occurrences, especially when set in such a background, deserve to be pointed out and laughed at.

Is God's wrath still bearing down on the convention?

Does someone what to quote Romney or Paul advocating the abolishment of government? No? Damn.

So you agree completely with what Obama said. Yes? Damn!

A terrible storm hit Detroit during the 1980 convention that nominated Reagan.

It's a good omen.

God is a very strange bloke. It seems he uses hurricanes to signal both pleasure and displeasure.

Is God's wrath still bearing down on the convention?
Isaac, his latest minion, is about to smite Haiti and the Dominican Republic tomorrow, likely for not being homophobic enough. Then it will probably seek vengeance on Cuba on Sunday for not keeping the Sabbath and various other sundry reasons. It is expected to punish the local heretics starting Monday and growing in intensity until Tuesday, at least in part for building graven icons to false gods:

In a fit of misogyny, can I admit I miss the days when hurricanes were all named after women? I didn't used to understand, but the vagaries of lunar biology and having a spouse make this hilarious in hindsight.

Top Bottom