Gore Vidal, an embittered, angry man suffering from dementia and personal insecurity?

Fox Mccloud

Deity
http://www.javno.com/en/world/clanak.php?id=156362

US WRITER VIDAL:

It Will Take USA A Century To Recover From Bush

We live in a dictatorship. We have a fascist government. ..which controls the media – Vidal said, adding Obama will bring change.

It will take the United States a century to recover from the damage wreaked by President George. W Bush, said American writer Gore Vidal, Australian News writes.

- The president behaved like a virtual criminal but we didn't have the courage to sack him for fear of violating the American constitution

I ponder that in the meaning of this self contradiction of terms in disjointed mantra of group think, what he meant when it contradicts more unoriginal but still nonetheless equally unthinking opines that the president violated the constitution and thus should be impeached yet here he says that the president, a criminal as always will not be impeached for that would violate the constitution.

– Vidal, who is a severe critic of US invasion on Iraq, told the El Mundo paper.

- We live in a dictatorship. We have a fascist government... which controls the media – he added.

Among other things, the writer said Barack Obama, Democrat presidential candidate, will bring great change, because an intelligent person will finally enter the White House.

Here, in yet another contradiction not only of other's dementia but of his own postulates, Gore Vidal says that Obama not only can, but will take the White House bringing stability and freedom right after he says America is a fascist dictatorship. Another contradiction of terms made in yet more incomprehension of the facts and inability to understand reality he implies an oxymoronic solution of getting rid of a dictator Bush by VOTING Obama in.

Another article: http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003815866

'NYT' Sunday Preview: Gore Vidal Questions McCain's Time in Prison Camp

By Greg Mitchell

Published: June 12, 2008 10:40 AM ET

NEW YORK In an interview for this Sunday's edition of The New York Times Magazine, famed novelist/essayist Gore Vidal appears to question Sen. John McCain's account of being imprisoned by the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam war.

Asked what he thinks of McCain, Vidal calls him a "disaster," then tells Deborah Solomon, "Who started this rumor that he was a war hero? Where does that come from, aside from himself? About his suffering in the prison war camp?"

Solomon replies: "Everyone knows he was a prisoner of war in North Vietnam." To which Vidal responds: "That’s what he tells us."

Why would you doubt him? Solomon wonders. "He’s a graduate of Annapolis," Vidal explains. "I know a lot of the Annapolis breed. Remember, I’m West Point, where I was born. My father went there."

Vidal's only reference to McCain's opponent is a fleeting reference to "the United States of America, as Mr. Obama likes to call it."

Asked how he felt when he heard about the passing earlier this year of his conservative nemesis, William F. Buckley, Vidal says, "I thought hell is bound to be a livelier place, as he joins forever those whom he served in life, applauding their prejudices and fanning their hatred."

Compassionateless schadenfreude revealing what Vidal stands for and how he thinks in the depths of an apparant personal pitilessness.

Vidal refuses to explain again how he is related to Al Gore, claiming that even he has forgotten.

that
is all

Is Dubya your pappy or something? I'm starting to think you're an embittered, angry young man suffering from personal insecurity. How and why this insecurity translates into Bush apologism is beyond me.

By the way, if you want to be taken seriously (or better yet be understood), you might want to put the thesaurus away and write with your own vocab.

We live in a dictatorship. We have a fascist government. ..which controls the media – Vidal said, adding Obama will bring change.

I like how the "Obama = change" is presented by Vidal as an afterthought. As if it has nothing to do with the primary statement.

Does the quote below even make sense?

Why would you doubt him? Solomon wonders. "He’s a graduate of Annapolis," Vidal explains. "I know a lot of the Annapolis breed. Remember, I’m West Point, where I was born. My father went there."

He claims to know alot about them because he was not part of them? Boggle. Does living in FL make me an expert on CA?

Anyway, yea. This guy is an equatist of the worst sort and I regularly see him regurgitated by politically ignorant posters here at CFC.

Gee, I've been saved by Fox. How swell.

I guess I should be thankful.

Is Dubya your pappy or something? I'm starting to think you're an embittered, angry young man suffering from personal insecurity. How and why this insecurity translates into Bush apologism is beyond me.

By the way, if you want to be taken seriously (or better yet be understood), you might want to put the thesaurus away and write with your own vocab.

If asked whether or not I admire Bush I would, without hesitation reply with a resounding no. However, I do have respect for anyone who would protect and defend for what I do admire, the United States of America. That would be my America, not America as Gore Vidal and those like him may envision it.

I am not an apologist for George W. Bush or any neoconservative causes and the vast majority of my counter-liberal rebukes would not suggest that. Nor would the word defend be befitting of what I say here or elsewhere as it is not for Bush that I make my arguments.

I have recognised, since 2006 that Bush is and has become and done all that he will do, the Democratic party is in control now and I am looking toward the future. Bush will soon be relegated to history and memory of this Texan cowboy president everyone loves to obsessively hate will fade as history presents new challenges for America and the American people.

I only defend Bush insofar as people insult, ridicule and lie about him unjustly as I do as a civilized person interested in an objective and honest search for truth. But it is not for Bush that this and other threads are created or why I express my opinion in rebuking falsehoods as I see fit, but it is for my America, not yours, not Gore Vidals. That is my call to arms and my motivation for every rebuke, not George W. Bush, but for Gore Vidal and those like him spewing his nay, blame hate and shame on my motherland, so free and good and clearly undeserving of the likes of ingrateful lowlives like him.

I would not yield or concede an inch of America to him and those of like minded psyche who stand against America and the truth of America in hollow repatriated regurgitated lies of looming dictatorship and fascism that are not even interntally consistent, or gleeful celebration of other American's deaths. That is why I made this thread, not for Bush but against him.

Nor should you think that in standing against him and like minded idealists, I am in any struggle here. It would be misrepresentative to call my commentary a struggle as one needs not struggle against the weakest, most infirm arguments as I point out the ridiculous opines with very little struggle. No need to struggle where but a breath of air sends dishonest arguments rolling in tumbleweed fashion in established demagoguery.

that
is all

Never give up. Trust your instincts.

You'll be seeing your dad soon, Fox.

http://www.javno.com/en/world/clanak.php?id=156362

US WRITER VIDAL:

It Will Take USA A Century To Recover From Bush

It will take the United States a century to recover from the damage wreaked by President George. W Bush, said American writer Gore Vidal, Australian News writes.

- The president behaved like a virtual criminal but we didn't have the courage to sack him for fear of violating the American constitution

I ponder that in the meaning of this self contradiction of terms in disjointed mantra of group think, what he meant when it contradicts more unoriginal but still nonetheless equally unthinking opines that the president violated the constitution and thus should be impeached yet here he says that the president, a criminal as always will not be impeached for that would violate the constitution.

– Vidal, who is a severe critic of US invasion on Iraq, told the El Mundo paper.

- We live in a dictatorship. We have a fascist government... which controls the media – he added.

Among other things, the writer said Barack Obama, Democrat presidential candidate, will bring great change, because an intelligent person will finally enter the White House.

Here, in yet another contradiction not only of other's dementia but of his own postulates, Gore Vidal says that Obama not only can, but will take the White House bringing stability and freedom right after he says America is a fascist dictatorship. Another contradiction of terms made in yet more incomprehension of the facts and inability to understand reality he implies an oxymoronic solution of getting rid of a dictator Bush by VOTING Obama in.

Another article: http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003815866

'NYT' Sunday Preview: Gore Vidal Questions McCain's Time in Prison Camp

By Greg Mitchell

Published: June 12, 2008 10:40 AM ET

NEW YORK In an interview for this Sunday's edition of The New York Times Magazine, famed novelist/essayist Gore Vidal appears to question Sen. John McCain's account of being imprisoned by the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam war.

Asked what he thinks of McCain, Vidal calls him a "disaster," then tells Deborah Solomon, "Who started this rumor that he was a war hero? Where does that come from, aside from himself? About his suffering in the prison war camp?"

Solomon replies: "Everyone knows he was a prisoner of war in North Vietnam." To which Vidal responds: "That’s what he tells us."

Vidal's only reference to McCain's opponent is a fleeting reference to "the United States of America, as Mr. Obama likes to call it."

Asked how he felt when he heard about the passing earlier this year of his conservative nemesis, William F. Buckley, Vidal says, "I thought hell is bound to be a livelier place, as he joins forever those whom he served in life, applauding their prejudices and fanning their hatred."

Compassionateless schadenfreude revealing what Vidal stands for and how he thinks in the depths of an apparant personal pitilessness.

Vidal refuses to explain again how he is related to Al Gore, claiming that even he has forgotten.

that
is all

Did you take a lesson in website design and formatting from the Time Cube guy?

I've been waiting for you, Star Fox. You know that I control the galaxy. It's foolish to come against me. You will die just like your father.

If asked whether or not I admire Bush I would, without hesitation reply with a resounding no. However, I do have respect for anyone who would protect and defend for what I do admire, the United States of America. That would be my America, not America as Gore Vidal and those like him may envision it.

I am not an apologist for George W. Bush or any neoconservative causes and the vast majority of my counter-liberal rebukes would not suggest that. Nor would the word defend be befitting of what I say here or elsewhere as it is not for Bush that I make my arguments.

I have recognised, since 2006 that Bush is and has become and done all that he will do, the Democratic party is in control now and I am looking toward the future. Bush will soon be relegated to history and memory of this Texan cowboy president everyone loves to obsessively hate will fade as history presents new challenges for America and the American people.

I only defend Bush insofar as people insult, ridicule and lie about him unjustly as I do as a civilized person interested in an objective and honest search for truth. But it is not for Bush that this and other threads are created or why I express my opinion in rebuking falsehoods as I see fit, but it is for my America, not yours, not Gore Vidals. That is my call to arms and my motivation for every rebuke, not George W. Bush, but for Gore Vidal and those like him spewing his nay, blame hate and shame on my motherland, so free and good and clearly undeserving of the likes of ingrateful lowlives like him.

I would not yield or concede an inch of America to him and those of like minded psyche who stand against America and the truth of America in hollow repatriated regurgitated lies of looming dictatorship and fascism or gleeful celebration of other American's deaths. That is why I made this thread, not for Bush but against him.

Nor should you think that in standing against him and like minded idealists, I am in any struggle here. It would be misrepresentative to call my commentary a struggle as one needs not struggle against the weakest, most infirm arguments as I point out the ridiculous opines with very little struggle. No need to struggle where but a breath of air sends dishonest arguments rolling in tumbleweed fashion in established demagoguery.

that
is all

In other words, yes. :lol:

Here is a term which is conspicuously absent from your otherwise impressive vocabulary: "Brevity".

Your ornate prose belies the weakness of your thesis.

You rail against Gore Vidal and his views in the name of YOUR America. Not MY America or anyone else's, just yours. Also, in citing the "blame hate and shame" espoused by Vidal, you neglect to point out any factual inaccuracies in Vidal's statements.

If you want to argue the point that the USA is not deserving of so called "blame hate and shame" then the onus is on you as the resident anonymous-guy-with-something-to-prove to present some evidence refuting Vidal, rather than just railing against him. Fancy prose does not a point make.

Top Bottom