1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gore Vidal, an embittered, angry man suffering from dementia and personal insecurity?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fox Mccloud, Jun 16, 2008.

1. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

Damn it, beat :(

2. Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud Deity

Precisely, as I do not in any way endorse his perverted rants, calling America fascist and evil while ignoring in lack of comprehension the real fascists and vile evil that exists in the world that would destroy him just as fast as it would destroy those like me who would fight against that evil to the death if need be.

Some arguments are best left to debunk themselves.

I did, in red text, point out the internal inconsistencies with some of his opine of conjecture and supposition. As for his fascist comments, it is easy to see that were America a fascist dictatorship he would be unable to express his flawed views in free and open dissent, wouldn't you say?

3. Arwon

Arwon

You're no match for me.

I admit defeat.

4. LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens Deity

Follow me, Fox. This way, Fox. Never give up. Trust your instincts. You've become so strong, Fox.

5. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

What is this new rick'roll? I don't recognize the lyrics and I want in!

6. LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens Deity

I'm glad we're on the same team, Fox.

7. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

Can't let you do that, Star Fox!

8. Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud Deity

Some ways to recognize that you have reached above and beyond the goalposts while the other team staggers in defeat and utter dismay of their failure.

1.) They use namecalling and ridicule as that is all they have

2.) They insult through namecalling or ridicule the intelectual capacity of their opponents, unaware that they merely demean themselves in their inability to offer a valid answer.

3.) They ignore their opponents in fear because the sting of defeat becomes too unbearable once indured so many times.

What in the descriptions above apply to the incessant use of Star Fox quote spam and what, if any defense do they have to offer for Gore Vidal?

9. LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens Deity

You're too slow! Time to end this!

10. Bill3000

He's... too... strong!

11. Masquerouge

Masquerouge Deity

Are you really that surprised that an avowed Democrat does not like Bush?

12. Bill3000

Don't go dyin' on me, Fox.

13. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

Just like old times, huh Fox?

14. LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens Deity

Daddy screamed REAL good before he died.

15. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

If you guys are going to spam, at least make it funny. Everytime I see this thread has a new entry and I click on the thread, I just find this stupid crap. It's lame and you are going to get fiftychat in trouble.

16. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

Wrong thread.

17. Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud Deity

It seems the voices of extremism is all there is to America today.

While I do not ask for my opines as contained in this thread to be held in any high regard, I would request that they be accepted and respected as others would have their own as they are entitled to.

I made this thread because I found those articles in the news about what Gore Vidal said and decided to post along with my own personal opinion on what he said. What I did here was not afar in difference from what many others have done and will do on these forums. I merely posted what he said, as others have done, and posted my own opinions, also as others have done and continue to do.

Yet my thread has been greeted with a response differing from any others, it has been attacked with spam and very little of anything that actually would contribute to a discussion. The only concievable reason for this is that I posted about a far-left pundit speaking, if I had made the same commentary about Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh as so many countless others have, they would not have responded in the same way, I am certain of that.

Although I have done nothing that has not already been done on this forum by different people and insulting different people, the leftist propagandist group-thinkers attempted to shout any dissenting opinion while oddly not openly endorsing Gore Vidal were still trying to silence any criticism of him in this hypocritical, childish and immature mantra of authoritarian liberalism seeking to silence that which is not agreeable to them even though I am certain many of them have made similar threads regarding other people's speeches and their opinions on them.

Hypocrisy, that hinterland between self-assumed righteousness and authoritarian enforcement of opinions.

that
    is all

18. Fifty

Fifty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dilemma is nicht that thou has opines of conjectures that we are disinclined to acquiesce towards ratifying, the dilemma is rather that thoust dialectical mode and rhetorical posture ist splendiforously gesturial rather than non-un-substantiatedized, and that quoting video games, in a bayesianized probabalistic fremworkheisen, is more quintessentializingly cerebral than thoust posturefreunden. In short:

you
    is dumb

19. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Damn, you beat me to it.

edit: Hahah, beat me to the reply as well.

20. QuoVadisNation

QuoVadisNation keeping your angel alive

So, in other words. Radical, postmodernist, and playwright Gore Vidal talks about how he doesn't like Bush? wow! In other news, Ann Coulter thinks Bush is an OK guy. I guess I should be making a thread about it.