Gore Vidal, an embittered, angry man suffering from dementia and personal insecurity?

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis floccinaucinihilipilification honorificabilitudinitatibus supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

That is
all.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis floccinaucinihilipilification honorificabilitudinitatibus supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

That is
all.

pfft, perhaps only if you want to be part of the racist establishment.

Did you take a lesson in website design and formatting from the Time Cube guy?

</Threeeeeead> ! :rotfl:

Psst, Fox: "They laughed at Einstein. They laughed at Galileo. But they laughed at Bozo the Clown too." Right now you're behaving like Bozo, getting laughed at, and insisting that you must be like Einstein.

If you guys are going to spam, at least make it funny. Everytime I see this thread has a new entry and I click on the thread, I just find this stupid crap. It's lame and you are going to get fiftychat in trouble.

Yeah, well it gave me a hearty gutlaugh. Maybe you left your sense of humor in Iraq. Or was it Nam, man? :lol:

1) Presenting the quote like you had an epileptic seizure on the keyboard, then the computer went haywire will not help you. Seriously. Try this:

It will take the United States a century to recover from the damage wreaked by President George. W Bush, said American writer Gore Vidal, Australian News writes.

- The president behaved like a virtual criminal but we didn't have the courage to sack him for fear of violating the American constitution – Vidal, who is a severe critic of US invasion on Iraq, told the El Mundo paper.

- We live in a dictatorship. We have a fascist government... which controls the media – he added.

Among other things, the writer said Barack Obama, Democrat presidential candidate, will bring great change, because an intelligent person will finally enter the White House.

2) Work on your thesis. What is it? Is it that Vindal is an idiot; Vindal supports Obama; thus, Obama is an idiot?
That's poor logic.

3) Very, very leading thread title. If you impose more neutrality and leave the debate to others, then join in, you'll find better responses then Star Fox spam.

4) My point:

The guy's a nutjob. America is not a dictatorship. It will not take a century to "recover". It will take any president, really, about a year in office and nonpartisan leadership to get things done; like it does for any president. Attempting to impeach Bush had no logical grounds; I dislike him and his policies, but that's no grounds for impeachment, so attempting to is not only unconstitutional, it's just stupid. Was Roosevelt a criminal for dealing with WWII? How about Truman? Kennedy? Lincoln? Washington was a treasonous aristocrat who started an armed rebellion based on tax status. Was he a criminal? Our government does not control the media. If the President is Republican, he still doesn't control FOX; FOX simply helps him. Similarly, if the President is a Democrat, he still doesn't control ABC; ABC simply helps him (though it should be noted that Peter Jennings was an avid Reagan fan-simply loved him).

I have serious doubts about people that say America is a dictatorship. Even if you don't count the fact that if America really was a dictatorship, the author would have 'disappeared' along with every anti-war protester on US soil, the president has been constantly hindered by laws and the constitution. Sure he might have been able to bypass a few of them but a dictator can bypass ALL of them.

Not even if they can cause a good laugh because of their obscene stupidity? :(

It disturbed me. Noone should be that crazy.

On topic, Creation and Julian are pretty damn good books regardless of whether you agree with his politics.

Haven't read any others of his.

I think he speaks truth. After all, he says negative things about the bushy bush that is Bush.

Top Bottom