Got some worker actions that may help.

What do you think??

• Its GREAT!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its alright...

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • It soo bad... cant even look at iT!!!!!!!

• Abstain

• Total voters
The circled tile needs to be roaded and mined before it becomes a truly viable location for a worker, and here's why:

In it's current state, the tile yields 2/1/0 (Food/Shields/Commerce). Building a road will add +1C and mining will add +1S, making it 2/2/1 - a very nice tile.

However, until those improvements are completed in that tile, I believe that we would be better served working a forest tile adjacent to the river (1/2/1). The city would grow a little slower, but we would get the much needed commerce as well as the 2S production towards the Granary/Settler/Swordsman/etc.

My question is this: is the tile that the worker is currently working an enriched grassland tile, or are we just wasting time up there when we could be building roads in those forests (for +1C) or adding the above-mentioned improvements to the tile SE-SE of Shen Ling?

If 40J is correct, and I believe he is, I tend to agree with his assessment.

Originally posted by FortyJ
The circled tile needs to be roaded and mined before it becomes a truly viable location for a worker, and here's why:

In it's current state, the tile yields 2/1/0 (Food/Shields/Commerce). Building a road will add +1C and mining will add +1S, making it 2/2/1 - a very nice tile.

However, until those improvements are completed in that tile, I believe that we would be better served working a forest tile adjacent to the river (1/2/1). The city would grow a little slower, but we would get the much needed commerce as well as the 2S production towards the Granary/Settler/Swordsman/etc.

My question is this: is the tile that the worker is currently working an enriched grassland tile, or are we just wasting time up there when we could be building roads in those forests (for +1C) or adding the above-mentioned improvements to the tile SE-SE of Shen Ling?

That is exactly what Im talking about... we have to finish improveing what the worker is doing in the 1 Tile and start improving the red circle for the best all around tile.

***I agree for adding a road on the Game Tile for 3 Commerce

There is already a road on the game tile.

I still think we need to irrigate that game tile so that Shen Ling can grow fast enough to produce a steady stream of settlers in a short amount of time so that the Fanatikou people can go forth and populate the continent rapidly.

ooo... couldnt see that,

FortyJ,
I dont think irrigating that tile wold be the best option, we would loose 2 shield for one more food (not a good trade), the irrigated tile we already is enough to have a good stream of settlers esspesially with the Granary comeing very soon.

All im saying is to mine the tile with the circle around it and move the citizen from the forest to the Bonus for the extra food. What the worker is doing on the tile with the #1 is not the best tile it should be working on.

One of the biggest problems facing a civ under despotism is the lack of bonus food tiles. We have the good fortune of having been blessed with 2 of them! We should use them.

First, here's my detailed analysis of my proposal to irrigate that tile.

There are plenty of forests surrounding our capitol from which we can generate 2 shields of productive power. There are only two tiles from which we have the potential to produce 4 food. By irrigating that game tile, it allows us to field two additional laborers in forest tiles.

Simply put, leaving the tile as it is, limits us to producing only 2s and 2c (from that tile alone). However, irrigating that tile allows us to work another two forest tiles, totalling 6s and up to 6c generated from all three tiles. It also allows us to grow that much faster, thus allowing us to produce settlers that much faster.

Originally posted by FortyJ
First, here's my detailed analysis of my proposal to irrigate that tile.

Its amazing that we put so much thought into everything! I mean only in the MSDG could we start threads on individual tiles...

But I do think that we should irrigate the game, and make Shen Ling a settler factory, and all other cities swordsman factories.

we need another worker!

Anyway, while mining/roading that tile would be great, I think it's really important that we make large plantations and heard our Chinese Bison :) (the forested game tile should be chopped down and irrigated--if we had less forests and more bonus grasslands I would siggest mining it for the magic +5 food, but since we are more tree oriented, irrigating would better serve us for the magic +5)

Top Bottom