1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Got your GMG key yet?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Vandlys, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

Did anyone, who bought at Green Man Gaming, get their key yet? : ) They often release keys a day before launch, but so far I haven't received a key. So I'm patiently refreshing their page like a mad man or waiting till tomorrow : )

2. RDomico

RDomico Chieftain

Not yet

Vandlys likes this.
  3. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

that happened to me last time, until I remembered that I had had my email changed between the time I ordered and the time of the release.

4. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Nothing for me yet either. I don't mind as I can't play til tomorrow night. And seeing as tomorrow is Valentine's Day I'm hoping my partner (great romantic that he is) will download it for me while I'm at work...

5. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Ooh, good point. Maybe I should bring my Chromebook to work tomorrow so I can remote log into my home compy and download.

ChocolateShake likes this.
  6. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Nope. Strange, because I remember Deluxe edition releasing keys way in advance...

Conspiracy theory: GMG will be delayed because they deared to offer such a juicy discount.

EDIT: will ask on Twitter to see if I get a response.

Vandlys likes this.
  7. King Rad

King Rad Warlord

Would you believe that I'm taking my wife of almost 50 years on a short Valentine's trip for a couple of days. If that's not love, on the day of release of perhaps the most anticipated expansion yet, I don't know what is. I'll only have my laptop and not my desktop [much better!] for playing, and the condo speed instead of my home network speed for downloading if i can't get it downloaded before we leave [and I have a very early meeting before we leave Thursday, so I can't stay up and play tonight like I normally would]. But as to the question, I haven't gotten my code yet; but i anticipate that it will be available prior to the download time. You know you can also log into GMG, and in your purchases, it will show the codes for any games you've purchased [don't have to get it through email]. If you open the 'key' button, right now it says 'awaiting key.'

8. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

"Awaiting key" is the normal state immediately after you purchase. It has been there since last week for me.

9. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

Same here, since pre-order months ago.

Also, I dislike the corporate shell of a fest that is Valentine's Day, so to me it will be a Thursday. Hurray! : )

10. Haggbart

Haggbart King

"Awaiting key" here as well. Although I have to admit, this time I don't really care since I can't play until Friday anyway. But I've ordered through GMG before, always got it around or before launch (which is often in the middle of the night in CET, so some hours extra don't matter all that much).

11. Eramas

Eramas Warlord

I've never had any problems with GMG. Preordered Deluxe Edition and Rise and Fall there and the key was always available before the release. Just a few more hours. :)

Vandlys likes this.
  12. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Wow, that's quite a sacrifice! I get out of it because our anniversary is next week anyway so we tend not to do Valentine's Day :p

King Rad and Vandlys like this.
  13. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Wow, thanks for the reminder. I completely forgot about Valentine's. In Norway, Mother's day was last Sunday so I hope I built enough goodwill (on behalf of our daughter) to skip it :lol: I'm working 13+ hours tomorrow, and if she's expecting a romantic night after that I'm gonna have to disappoint her.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  14. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I am waiting on steam until midnight, hopefully I get to see my real love first.

15. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

With previous Firaxis titles the key was released at or around midnight.

16. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

Mine just arrived!

blackcatatonic and Seek like this.
  17. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

As did mine!

blackcatatonic and Vandlys like this.
  18. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

It makes the wait so much easier now : D

19. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Didn't get an email, but my code was available on the GMG site. Activation complete!

Vandlys likes this.
  20. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

OMGOMGOMG

itshappening.gif

blackcatatonic and Vandlys like this.