Civilization: Carthaginians
Map: Normal map; 5 civ's, flat
Difficulty: Emperor
Barbarians: Raging hordes
Restarts: Off
Victory by conquest and by spaceship are both allowed

Starting Techs:
~ None

This month just a normal game. Have fun this special month.

Games will be due on Jan. 17th, 2010.

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file).

Please sent the savegames only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Starting save is here

Last edited:
I hate starting with only one settler. At least this is will be a quick one with restarts: off.

I am playing this one with a slightly different goal in mind - to build up a great economy by approx AD 1. I'd welcome a comparison with anyone that wants to play for the same goal, and we can decide how to measure that, or we can choose a different year, if you want. If nobody responds soon, I'll probably just finish up [probably before 500AD].

I already finished this game but would love to try a few more rounds.

With great economy you mean max g/turn or do we need more key figures?

With great economy you mean max g/turn .... ?

Yes, I wanted a steady stream of large trade bonuses ASAP. Maybe 1000g per turn, and 1 advance per turn by approx AD 1 ... some goal like that ... nothing very specific. I was also trying to conquer most of the world at the same time, but we could leave that out of the comparison. I'm nearly done, but can't say much more in this thread. We'll start a spoiler thread soon.

Magic - my game resembled EC for a long time, so we can probably compare our games, at least the first 80% or so.

I did early conquest aswell :)

I'm going to use an ELG game at -3000 for the comparison part now.

Resource seed is 6 or 38. Starting location has 2 grass covered specials: one fish, the other either fish or whale. One tile south is 4 specials.

There are no nearby sites with 3 to 4 specials and sea access. This makes the game not a great choice for OCC which is what I was hoping to do.

Resource seed is 6 or 38. Starting location has 2 grass covered specials: one fish, the other either fish or whale. One tile south is 4 specials.

There are no nearby sites with 3 to 4 specials and sea access. This makes the game not a great choice for OCC which is what I was hoping to do.

Spoiler??? :eek:

All the information I offer in Map analysis is gained from the original save without making a single move. Thus it belongs here and not in the spoiler.

I also do some black clicking but do not share that info because some players have indicated that such info spoils the fun of exploring for them.

I wasn't implying that you were cheating, Ali, just maybe offering TMI. No problem.

I played as well, MG, I just haven't emailed the save files to you yet.

What? I didn't submit yet? Hm, better hurry up then.

Files incoming!

Don't think I can do it faster.:)

Results of GOTM 105 can be found here (on the latest resultspage).

The savefiles can be found as soon as the resultpage of GOTM 105 is published on CFC (which I can't do). Hope they are online in a few hours.

Some of the GOTM players submitted a game mentioning the score which was the bonusscore. The bonusscore does not count for the gotm score. To know your points you have to count your score manually.

Top Bottom