GOTM 117 - first spoiler to 1AD

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff

GOTM 117 - The Hatshepsut (Egypt) - First Spoiler

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD! How did it go?
Had any wars?
Conquer any Civs?
Build any Wonders?
Any weird barbarian activity?

Stop! If you are participating in GOTM 117, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions

• Please do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Please do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Please do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD. (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Please do not reveal names or locations of any civilization not accessible by galleys.
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

Thought that we would need Astronomy to get to the outer ring based on some example maps, so I settled down for an isolated research BC. It quickly became obvious that wasn't the case, and after scouting the icy starting island I decided to only found one other city there to the south, primarily just to chop Forests for boats to sail to richer lands.

I sent one Settler north and built a city to the west of Caesar, who likes me after he adopted Confucianism. My expansion from there failed when I lost two units attempting to capture a barb city and Alex snatched it, bottling up my single city. The south was much less occupied and I set up four cities there, mostly expanding into a vacuum to the east including a great Flood Plains / Gold / Crab / Horse city. Actually got to sack a barb city with some Warrior on Warrior battling, but it was only 1 pop and so burned (oh well, it was poorly placed off anyway).

My seventh city to finally secured horses, so my plan is to finally unleash War Chariots on Saladin soon. At 1AD I have 7 cities, GLH, Oracle, an Academy and 24 techs

Because of the Windows Update issue the other day, I have reinstalled Civ 4, the 1.74 patch, and the HOF 1.74.004 mod. My problem is that I was in the middle of this GOTM and now it won't load. "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure the assets in your mod folder have not been changed."

How can I get this game to load and then be accepted for the GOTM?

Top Bottom