Civilization: Romans
Map: Small map (40x50); 7 civ's, round
Difficulty: Prince
Barbarians: Roving Bands
Restarts: Off
Victory: By conquest

Starting Techs:
~ None

This month a normal conquest on a small map.

Games will be due on July 19th, 2011.

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please sent the savegames only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Starting save is here

Last edited:
Resource seed is 19. There are no specials hidden under grass. There are no multi special sites nearby. With a Prince difficulty and conquest only victory who needs a science city anyway? :)

Thanks for the small map, Magic. It should help a lot with real time.

(By the way, Magic, a small map like this game's is 40x50 not 50x40.)

I might try for a Wonderless EC game this time. With these settings, I don't think any WoW is totally necessary.

a Wonderless EC game
may I be the first to say that seems a wonderful idea and to say I think that those of us who have finished and have visited the spoiler look forward to hearing about it. Good luck, if you need it.

Thanks, Inkerman! Just finished and posted. Sorry to hear about your mis-step, but your descriptions afterwards were quite well-done. :)

Wow! I've been looking at the results over and over again, but I still can't believe it! :eek: :dance: :trophy:
IIRC, my feeling about my game back then wasn't that great, but a look at the spoiler thread showed that luck was on my side: The most skilled players were either chasing the green star (peaster, Haleewud, grigor), a fast finish because of RL-issues (Ali) or, hmmm, well ..., let's say had to re-consider their initial strategy (;)).
P.S.: Or weren't playing at all.

Congradulations on your first medal. It is not common for someone to take the gold as their first medal, so double congrats.

Thanks a lot! But actually I earned myself a red medal already.
I checked my savegames and I was far behind by the time you finished. In 240 AD I only had a game-score of 125. Just as I said, happy coincidence.

Top Bottom