1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] GOTM 130 - First Spoiler to 1AD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Deckhand, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

Already played to 1AD have you?
    Maybe you don't need two months to play.

Don't look if you haven't played to 1AD. :nono:

So, how did you your game go for the first four millennia?
    Any wars?
    Any Wonders?
    Did you hook up strategic resources?
    Leading in tech?

The AIs were selected randomly at map creation.
    The two I moved to another hemisphere gave you and a couple other civs more room.

2. High King J.J.

High King J.J. Chieftain

I have a small handful of cities. Much of the jungle has been claimed by others already. No wars yet. Got a few hundred gold from huts, nothing else. That and the Wishy-Washy income has kept my science at 100%.

Settled In Place. Valinor has so far built Máhanaxar, the Ring of Doom (Stonehenge), The Kashi Wishy-Washy, Oracle (took Civil Service), the Parthenon and Pyramids. Tirion on the coast north-east of the ethir (the river delta) built Barad Nimras (The Great Lighthouse) and the Colossus. No wonders built by others.

Of the strategic resources so far I have copper, iron, horses and mûmakil, stone both white and grey (thanks).

Only one civ has so far bothered to develop the Cirth which we call the Alphabet. So tech leader is yet to be determined. I may trade some tech yet but I'm a few turns from developing machinery to craft maces for my armies. (Why is it that a sharp sword can be forged but a blunt mace needs machinery to make?) After that other civs may be willing to gift us some of their tech if we ask nicely.

Izzy developed Butt-ism and is the most hostile to my polytheistic reverence to the Valar and Assy had Judaism spread to Cappy, but already half of the continental Civs have embraced our faith. No contact yet with the 2 others but I have some idea where to look. I even found a barb city that I've so far failed to take because it's rather far and the jungles aren't helping. Maybe I'll use it for target practise for my first maces before teaching Izzy some manners...

3. neilmeister

neilmeister Lentils have feelings too GOTM Staff

This is the first game I have played in months....very enjoyable so far.

I also settled in place, second city went to the west to grab the corn. I have all strategic resources one could possibly wish for at 1ad revealed and hooked up.
    Oracled CS and I have also built 'Mids and Great Lib. My tech lead is already embarrassing, but I have managed to get a few trades, but I am not expecting much from here on in. 10 cities so far, with settler on route for #11.

Izzy is dead.... its a shame, but I had to pick someone to go first. :devil:

4. nocho

nocho Chieftain

Also SIPed. I warrior-rushed the Persians, which barely worked out with the last warrior attacking. That warrior kept on exploring, which was a mistake as I subsequently stole a worker from Izzy who happened to have a warrior in the fog very close to Persepolis which was undefended. So I lost Persepolis, but silly Izzy kept on marching with that warrior, leaving Persepolis undefended for me to capture it back in turn without a scratch. So, an exciting start for noble. :lol:

At 1AD I'm at 9 cities with 3 settlers under way. I also slung CS with the Oracle and built Stonehenge and Pyramids. Stole some more workers a second time from Izzy.