[Vanilla] GOTM 133 First spoiler - 1ad

neilmeister

Lentils have feelings too
GOTM Staff
GOTM 133: KK ... First Spoiler

So, how rusty is your Vanilla skills? Did you enjoy all the cows, and raging barbs?

Stop! If you are participating in GOTM 133, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry
Posting Restrictions

• Please do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Please do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Please do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

I certainly enjoyed the cows, the barbs a bit less so, but managed by building chariots and going for archery soon. Happiness was quite the problem though, so teching went slowish. Snailed my way to HBR and killed Alex who had a wonderful capital full of river, but totally resourceless. Sparta with 4 food sources was more attractive though. Then went for Toku, as he had built the mids. By 1 AD got his two main cities, planning to wipe out the rest soon. 12 cities and pretty much in the driving seat now, though tech will take a while to pick up still. Fun game so far!

Last edited:
Evil map maker at work here. Happiness resources scarce, so can't grow cities to gain commerce (and production), which makes achieving a grand and powerful civilization difficult. Failed to appreciate early on the value of Monarchy and HR on this map, so, without a growth option, Slavery and the whip seemed the best approach. Conquering the world with success, but my tech is not much advanced over the ubiquitous barbarians. Engineering and faster movement would be awfully nice on this map, but can't hope to get there. Just trying to stay solvent until I've killed them all.

Top Bottom