Civilization: 2 Indian settlers
Starting tech: Ceremonial Burial, Bronze Working
Difficulty: Deity
Total players: 7
Restarts: on
Raging Hordes (+25)
50x80 game-generated map.

Deadline: July 5, 2017

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please send the saved games only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Attachments

• GOTM_190.png
    GOTM_190.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 231
  • GOTM_190.sav
    68.2 KB · Views: 237
Hello! I'm new to CivFanatics and the GOTM.

I tried the game and ended up with a 1764 conquest. Not too bad but could have done better. Damn enemies kept respawning!

I don't think my game is eligible for submission since I forgot to make the 1 and 1000 AD saves.

I abode by the house rules and really missed caravan rehoming.

Last edited:
Are there any saves that are "close enough"? House rules are usually pretty lenient on those things.

Either way, quick PSA for the regulars: Going to be AWOL for a while now, job search is more important. Kinda sucks, I had a great start for GOTM188, but going for spaceship=dumb decision. Only going to be able to do conquest on short maps from now on, most likely.

I don't have any "close enough" saves. It's my first GOTM and I hadn't read the submission rules properly.
I'm now playing GOTM 189 and made all the proper saves. I'm also keeping a journal to compare strategies with other submissions.

Welcome Fake Boris. Glad to see another Civ2 GOTM player.

As Jokemaster pointed out, the rules are somewhat flexible. Glad to see you are working on GOTM 189 as well. Make sure you check out the spoiler threads after you have played to the point of knowing where all the other AI rivals are. Feel free to ask any questions.

Are there any saves that are "close enough"? House rules are usually pretty lenient on those things.

Either way, quick PSA for the regulars: Going to be AWOL for a while now, job search is more important. ..
Hope you can keep at least a low profile and good luck on the job search.

As you, and others have noticed, real life has left me little time to play Civ2 in 2017. After a record 4 trips in a six week span of time, and several time consuming engagements behind me, I am looking forward to a summer that would hopefully allow some Civ2 playing time.

I used to play civ 2 as a kid and I'd like to get into it again by playing a game of the month. But I think that if I start this one I might not finiish before june 5. So maybe next time.

Welcome back sirdanilot. The game is due July 5th not June 5th so you still have plenty of time. The next game will be posted before the end of this week.

Welcome back sirdanilot. The game is due July 5th not June 5th so you still have plenty of time. The next game will be posted before the end of this week.
Oh, I missed that.

I havent played civ 2 in over 10 years so Deity seems a bit daunting. But I'll give it a try maybe.

Deadline is extended for this GOTM? I see posts in the spoiler from 22 july,from today? Saves already submitted?

Nowadays, with small number of players and our graders being way behind, deadlines are soft. A week or two after is always OK. If you ever need more time to finish, just ask.

Deadlines are soft.Me,you,other active veteran players know this.But a new player or an old player back to Civ II GOTM having intention to play(again),don't know this.Is good to write in GOTM thread with few days,a week before deadline: 'deadline extended to...',my opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom