Civilization: 1 Carthaginian settler
Starting tech: none
Difficulty: Emperor
Total players: 3
Restarts: on
Roving Bands (-25)
25x40 game-generated map

Deadline: Oct 10, 2017

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please send the saved games only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Attachments

• GOTM_193.sav
    29.1 KB · Views: 156
  • GOTM_193.png
    GOTM_193.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 164
Note that at this smallest of allowed sizes, the game's map generator is likely to give you a lot of mountains. Besides its obvious disadvantages, this has two advantages for the conquest player. One is that rival civs will likely have fewer and smaller than usual cities. The other is that there will be few respawn zones.

Obvious size1 is obvious.Lot going to be riding on that 60% for a unit, and that 60/2=30% chance of getting a 2-move unit.

We only have to deal with 2 rivals. Should we go very early conquest? (that is, with chariots or something?). Maybe even forgo the size1. But that`s so risky... still leaning towards Monarchy first, still. Not getting 3shields from buffalos until then.

The terrain in all likelihood will be rough and does not suit a landing game. The starting spot may not look so bad till you realize that any city there supporting a settler will have zero extra food in a modern government where settlers eat two food. Given that restarts are on, very early conquest is not worth it. I will go for Monarchy first. However, I may give horseback riding priority if I do not get a unit out of the first hut. Marco is still needed for respawns but may not be as much of an early priority.

Top Bottom